Connecting to an Equalizer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Can anyone help me..... I have recently purchaced a second hand NAD 314 AMP. I have hooked it up to an old AKAI 16 Band Equalizer that i have. The Left channel gets more power (sound) then the Right channel.

I hooked up the amp from the preout to the input of the eq and the output of the eq to the main in of the amp..... should i also use the record out of the eq into the amp??

Any help would be great, i don't really understand how to hook it all up,

Cheers,

Tom

Hey tom, did you try connecting your amp without the EQ to see if your weak channel was in fact the amp? Using your PRE-OUT and MAIN IN jacks on your amp to run your EQ is OK! Most middle classed amplifiers don't have that option, so you would have to use the TAPE OUT and TAPE IN jacks on the amplifier for your EQ. If you are using the PRE-OUT and MAIN IN jacks on your amp to run your EQ, just use those alone with your EQ. This will leave your tape jacks open to an actual tape deck. If your amp didn't have the PRE-OUT and MAIN IN capabilities, then you would have to use the TAPE IN and TAPE OUT jacks for the EQ and any tape deck you would be using would have to be connected to the EQ's TAPE IN and TAPE OUT jacks. Most equalizers have this option. If the sound is ok on both channels without the EQ connected, then the EQ is the suspect with one bad channel. Hope some of this helps and that I didn't go too far over your head.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.