Cambridge Audio A3i stopped working...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

My A3i suddenly became VERY hot and stopped playing today.
I turned it off and gave it a rest for ca. 30 minutes. Then swithced it on again, and it played for 3 minutes, then it made a loud "pufff" and became silent.
I have checked the LEDs in it, and LED number 102 turns off when the amps makes the "puff" sound. It still gets quite hot.
Any ideas of what could be wrong ?

Franne500 said:
Hi,

My A3i suddenly became VERY hot and stopped playing today.
I turned it off and gave it a rest for ca. 30 minutes. Then swithced it on again, and it played for 3 minutes, then it made a loud "pufff" and became silent.
I have checked the LEDs in it, and LED number 102 turns off when the amps makes the "puff" sound. It still gets quite hot.
Any ideas of what could be wrong ?

Most likely it is either the LED itself or Q108 (BC640 transistor) next to it. If you send me a message through the forum, I can email you schematics for A3i. However just a replacement of these 2 parts most likely will cure the amp. LED can be replaced with any good quality green LED. Note: LED needs to be lifted at least 15 mm off the PCB and in a correct polarity!

Cheers

Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.