Accurian Sender Repair help 15-1938 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2008, 09:50 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Accurian Sender Repair help 15-1938

I recently received this accurian wireless sender (15-1938) and accurian wireless speakers. The sender does not power on and I believe (hope) this should be a relatively simple fix. I traced the circuit board via the images with my volt meter and lose power on the output side, of what I am calling, the power transformer. I was hoping someone here could look at the high-res images I have linked below and give me some suggestions on repair. I am a laymen and that might be pushing it a little...
I look forward to some suggestions

Here are the images:

Botttom: http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...15-1938003.jpg

Top:
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...-1938001-1.jpg

Thanks
Old 1st May 2008, 12:33 PM   #2
jaycee is offline jaycee  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

A wireless sender that uses a Realtek 8019 LAN chip - interesting

By the look of it, the power transformer is toast if you cant read any voltage at all (it will be AC) on the secondary side. It's not likely that you'll be able to get a replacement unfortunately.
Old 1st May 2008, 01:20 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I happen to have a spare board if you would rather replace the whole thing. PM me if interested.

Regards,
David
Old 1st May 2008, 09:00 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The board does not allow me to PM users yet, I am too new. Email or PM me an image(s) and to let me know the price and I will certainly consider it.

Thanks
Old 1st May 2008, 09:42 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Stuart Easson Send a message via Yahoo to Stuart Easson
Default Boardum

Hi,

IIRC I have 5 of the receiver boards that I have no use for. As far as I can see they use an identical transformer. If you are willing to pay shipping you can probably remove the part and re-solder it to get what you need.

If you search for "accurian" you should be able to find the thread I started in the trading post trying to give the things away, if nothing else you can see a picture.

Let me know what you think

Stuart
Old 1st May 2008, 09:55 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Email sent. I was unable to attach pictures through the forum mail function, but if you reply to my mail I will send them shortly.

Regards,
David
Old 1st May 2008, 10:35 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Paul, take a look at my board in the images and if the transformers look the same let me know how much shipping will be 37064.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 1st May 2008, 10:40 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Stuart Easson Send a message via Yahoo to Stuart Easson
Default Can't be certain...

But they look pretty darn similar to me...

In fact comparing the pictures we have each posted the 'sender' and 'receiver' boards look very similar too...

Perhaps they are really the same and I just need to figure out the right jumper settings to make my 'receiver's into matched pairs.

Stuart
Old 24th June 2008, 03:46 AM   #9
PB2 is offline PB2  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Stuart,

Wondering if you figured out how to use an RX unit as a TX unit?

I see that the output connector says A-OUT, the one next to it A-IN, hmm, that should be a hint. There is a single jumper (CON4) on the board but not sure what it does.

If anyone has a transmitter, is the jumper on CON4 in place or removed?

Pete B.
Old 24th June 2008, 02:44 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default senders...

Yeah, through correspondence with Michael (wirelessrat) we (he) changed a receiver into a sender by exchanging the small socketed rom. The boards are identical, it is just the firmware that changes...

If someone out there can burn these parts to make a couple of my surfeit of receivers into senders it would make what is currently a lot of junk useful...

Hopefully Michael can address your other questions, I'm still transmitterless, so not sure of jumper settings etc...

Stuart

Hide this!Advertise here!