Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th June 2008, 04:07 PM   #11
PB2 is offline PB2  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks - now where to get the ROM?
Old 24th June 2008, 04:10 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Stuart Easson Send a message via Yahoo to Stuart Easson
Default Thats easy...

...Michael

though he might not want to be without his toy for the week or so it would take to send it to someone etc.

Do you have the means to burn the proms?

Stuart

Oh wait, there's a certain ambiguity here, did you mean the original e-prom image for a transmitter? I haven't checked part numbers but there is a good chance we can simply reprogram the parts we already have.

Stuart
Old 24th June 2008, 06:08 PM   #13
PB2 is offline PB2  United States
diyAudio Member

OK, I've worked in digital electronics for many years so sure I know how to program a PROM, EEPROM etc. But, I don't have access to a programmer at the moment, or an original to copy, so that's why I asked. I just need one transmitter, two would be nice, I'll probably look on ebay.

Yes, if the original is a reprogrammable type such as EEPROM or FLASH, we can reuse it.

The RX prom is labeled: RS, 0624, R
I'd guess that RS is Radio Shack, R at the end for RX version?

PROM is cheap these days, I'm surprised that they didn't put both in one PROM with a page select to choose the mode.

I'll keep an eye out for a transmitter.

Thanks again,
Pete B.
Old 2nd December 2008, 01:50 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Guys sorry I can not help. I got rid of that thing shortly after the donor was so kind to send me that receiver board. Now I am wishing I had the thing back to use with the nice speakers that go with the sender.
Old 3rd January 2009, 04:25 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

(First post. Newbie.)

Read this thread and I'm in a similar position as Wirelessrat. I have one transmitter, three receivers and a pair of receiver speakers. The sender got toasted in a power surge along with several other components in my house. (My first experience with that kind of thing. Nasty.)

Without the receiver, all other components are useless. Very painful.

Just like wirelessrat, I'm guessing that my transformer is toast, but is there anything I can do that might verify that for me? I was thinking of going to a local electronics repair place to see if they can do anything. Anyone try RadioShack for repairs?

In the meantime, I'm definitely looking for another transmitter or useful parts for such.

Anything anyone can suggest or recommend is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jim
Old 3rd January 2009, 06:46 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Stuart Easson Send a message via Yahoo to Stuart Easson
Default Luckily...

The sender and receivers are the same. The only difference lies in the prom used to control the computer that runs the show. Since you have at least one transmitter, your fastest way to "something" working is to pull the eprom (shown earlier in the thread) and swap it into one of your receiver boards. Assuming the transformer is what's broken, you will then have a working transmitter and a broken receiver...

I have several of the receiver boards, if you want to buy one let me know, I'm not looking to make money, just can't lose any...

Happy new year

Stuart
Old 4th January 2009, 01:18 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Jim, take the "PROM" out if the fried sender and use it to replace the one in a receiver. That is what I did to get the hard to find sender to work again and it worked perfectly. So, the only difference in the sender and receiver is the "PROM" and the plastic. Once you get inside a sender and receiver you will only see the only difference is the text label on the "PROM." I can send images of the "PROM" that needs to be swapped out if needed.
Old 4th January 2009, 08:24 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the assists. I swapped out the PROM (RS 0624 R for RS 0624 T) and still no luck.

There are two sockets on the board as well. The one in the transmitter has the cord plugged into "CON2 A-IN" while the receiver has a cord plugged into "CON2 A-OUT"

Do I have to swap these cords out as well?

Thanks again.

Jim

Hide this!Advertise here!