diy transformer attenuator - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2008, 01:00 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default diy transformer attenuator

I have been searching this forum and the web for weeks trying to find information on the internal winding structure of a TVC. It seems that the majority of the cost for these items is in the labor to wind them. The small amount of wire and the cores are but a fraction of the overall cost.
Can anyone provide a reference or schematic to build one of these units at home.
Also, would a completely isolated pri/sec be inferior/superior to the autoformer bifilar types?
I also see several references to high nickel steel laminations. I was under the impression that several grades of stainless steel have various amounts of nickel in there makeup -- which is a common material.
Any input as to the choice of core design ie, R, C, double R, or toroid being preferred.
This is DIY --- I would really like to try one of these units out without spending 500.00 Any and all comments appreciated.

Tad
Old 28th April 2008, 01:46 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

tryonziess,

i did already.

funish outlook will see within two weeks.

I order large lots of the 80% superalloy & nickel base Nano-amorphous core w/7N wire already.

I call my production line technian produce sampel already when I was stay ( admitted) in hospital.

I can them prepare match pair ( different core ) & will with 23 steps volumn already. But I will not prepare + db wiring into it because in my test sowter, S&B & AC ( audio Cosulting) with + db wring also not good.

different core will had different taste of sound.

Mainly was price, very reasonable!

Because I need to use for it too!

Now I was prepare the shielding box of the MC & this TVC, tri-shielding with ( From outside to inside-1.( 1mm silicon laminations )2. Copper foil ( can choose ground or float) 3. Nickel base nano amorphous ribbon for inner shielding!)

thx

thomas

thx

thomas

Hide this!Advertise here!