diy transformer attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been searching this forum and the web for weeks trying to find information on the internal winding structure of a TVC. It seems that the majority of the cost for these items is in the labor to wind them. The small amount of wire and the cores are but a fraction of the overall cost.
Can anyone provide a reference or schematic to build one of these units at home.
Also, would a completely isolated pri/sec be inferior/superior to the autoformer bifilar types?
I also see several references to high nickel steel laminations. I was under the impression that several grades of stainless steel have various amounts of nickel in there makeup -- which is a common material.
Any input as to the choice of core design ie, R, C, double R, or toroid being preferred.
This is DIY --- I would really like to try one of these units out without spending 500.00 Any and all comments appreciated.

Tad

tryonziess,

i did already.

funish outlook will see within two weeks.

I order large lots of the 80% superalloy & nickel base Nano-amorphous core w/7N wire already.

I call my production line technian produce sampel already when I was stay ( admitted) in hospital.

I can them prepare match pair ( different core ) & will with 23 steps volumn already. But I will not prepare + db wiring into it because in my test sowter, S&B & AC ( audio Cosulting) with + db wring also not good.

different core will had different taste of sound.

Mainly was price, very reasonable!

Because I need to use for it too!

Now I was prepare the shielding box of the MC & this TVC, tri-shielding with ( From outside to inside-1.( 1mm silicon laminations )2. Copper foil ( can choose ground or float) 3. Nickel base nano amorphous ribbon for inner shielding!)

thx

thomas

thx

thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.