symasym5_3 power supply empire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
power supply

hi AndrewT, thank you. now i know how much emp i need for my power amp. actually i made this amp to run output 200w per chanel. two chanel = 400w cause they share the same power supply.

400w power amp total output = 400va for power supply

400va *1.5 = total 600va transformer right?

thank you.

good question

hi AndrewT, thank you for asking me. honestly, I am not good in electronics. never went to any electronics school. this is my hobby. i never made good amp in past, all was only ic type. so i wasnt shure about the transformer and transistor. i just wanted to make hi end good amp for my own. i just checked with web that one pair transistor can produce 50 to 60w so i can use few in parallel to make it 240w. i even posted my own design. i tested it, i found its works well (only to me, ok), sounds is great too. i have decided to add few more transistor to make more higher wats, but lack of power in transformer emp( i gussed and i was right). i have two chanel amp. at first was using two pair of transistor now i incresed to 4 pair of transistor each chanel. its was working well when only two pair but lack of deep bass when i incresed into 4 pair . now i know it cause by lack of power require. my transformer is probably 5 amp. it is not enought only can run on one chanel right? i need two of 5 amp to run 4pair of transistor amp each chanel.

i still need to know which transistor can produce best quality and strong sound other then the tube amp?

currently i have 2sc5200 and 2sc2922 both type with match pair.

thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.