Krell KMA160b

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Krell Kma160b

Hello

On an amplifier Krell KMA160b, it I break down misses I a output voltage of the transformer, this tension will feed the stages driver. I sent an email at Krell industry without success, they do not want to give the plans of this amplifier, I must have this same breakdown service me,
Know where to buy the same type of transformer that those used at Krell?

Sorry for my pitiful English.

Regards

Pierre-Marie (

Hello

I do not have a voltage on these two connectors, and I do not see protections on the circuit

Pierre-Marie

Attachments

• copie_de_dsc00734.jpg
    copie_de_dsc00734.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 464
Hello Andrew

I have a second block mono Krell, I compared the output voltages of transformer, all is identical, I have all the tensions on the part power the relays of exit go up, I miss only that of the photograph (drivers), and I do not have continuity in between the connectors, I am afraid which this part of the tranformator is cut, I would like to contact JBW but I cannot do it, I do not include/understand why that is refused to me.

Regards

Pierre-Marie

"Sorry for English of my translator" :-(

Hello jacco vermeulen

I think that it is not possible to remove the cap of the trasformator, that all is moulded in the resin.
I succeeded in sending a message JWB which already entirely dismounted to them his

Krell industrie will give me Monday the price of a transformer, I believe that I will be afraid of the price:xeye: :xeye: :xeye:

Regards

Pierrot

Yeah, the price will likely be very scary.

Question remains whether the toroid can be repaired, i can hardly imagine a single one fail.
Did you measure resistance of the primaries and secondaries ?

Epoxy resin does not hold well on metal, it is possible to get the pan off.(but not in a gentle fashion)

The yellow wires in your KMA-160 are not used. The grey wires are for the low power AC feed to the input board. If you have 72V on the grey pair, then that's fine! Actually 80V is what the design calls for, but 72V is also fine (depends on your local power company).

I suggest you look elsewhere for the problem. For example, what is the potential at the output of the regulators on the board?

-jwb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.