Info on Motorola TE2197/TE2198?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i've scavenged an old stage amplifier using four pairs of Motorola output transistors that I'm unable to find any datasheets or other info about.

The transistors are TO-3 type marked with the Motorola logo and two different model designations (will come back to what they read later). I'm not sure which of these that are the actual name. One of the pairs has been replaced with Hitachi 2SK134/2SJ49 latfets, so I assume they are equivalent to these.

The transistors mounted together with the 2SJ49 (P-channel) have TE2198 written on one line, and on a line below it says T8537 on some of them and T8610 on one of them.

The transistors mounted along the 2SK134 (N-channel) are marked with TE2197 on the first line and T8606 written on the second line.

Has anyone heard of these transistors before? Any help appreciated!

Hi, i've scavenged an old stage amplifier using four pairs of Motorola output transistors that I'm unable to find any datasheets or other info about.

Has anyone heard of these transistors before? Any help appreciated!
ROFL :D Having just done a quick internet search to find out the very same thing it directed me here.

Apologies as i know it's an old thread.

I happen to have a few Soundcraft SA1000 power amps purchased cheap with the very same output transistors. They aren't an equivalent to the Hitachi lateral fets, take it from me! In the circuit i'm looking at the output transistors (12 per channel - 6 x TE2197 & 6 x TE2198) are driven by the Hitachi mosfets.

The transistors in mine appear to be marked in a similar way. The amplifier is rated at 500W RMS per channel into 4ohms.

Looks like some have been replaced with MJ15003/4 so that might help a tad ;)

Lets hope this helps someone down the line :)

the "TE" marked devices were "house numbered" transistors. Motorola made a lot of these devices for Peavey, Soundcraftsmen, Sound Tech, Fender, etc... i think the MJ15003/4 were the devices Mot used for this particular pair of "house numbered" parts
Aha, a man who has explained how come no-one could suss out the part number :D Many thanks for that one :)
May also be MJ15024/5.. you'd have to measure their fT or capacitance to be sure
Tbh no, though as i have already mentioned a couple of transistors have been replaced with the MJ15003 & 4.

Not a bad idea though & cheers for suggesting it. It's not like i plan on using most of them as i purchased a couple of blown amps & 1 good one. Transistors & mosfets could be used to keep one running nearly forever, which leaves a couple of 1KVA+ toroidal transformers & monster capacitors for other projects. As well as another 3 or 4 complete amplifiers worth of heatsink as a freebie :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.