Charles Hansen's Semiconductor Tester

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi,

I finally tracked down a copy of Charles Hansen's "Semiconductor Tester" article from Popular Electronics May 1999. The device is a curve tracer which hooks up to a 'scope and looks an easy build given all the parts are still available.

I was curious if anyone had built this and could offer an opinion? Were there any suggested updates or errata for the design?

cheers
Paul

Hello,
I found two kind of curve tracer in the market one with own display and other use osciloscope as display. the problem are they are expensive to my wallet I dreaming one day some one can take care to write a program to made a pc control with cheap budget curve tracer

I looked to find the original publication of Hansen's Semiconductor curve tracer, but could'n find it anywhere.

I am currently involved in collecting informations to built a curve tracer adaptor for X-Y Oscilloscope.

Please, can someone direct me to Hansen's construction project?

Thanks!

bear,

I imagine you are referring to the B&K Precision 501A model. I had the informations about this one.

mlloyd1,

When I click to your link, I am redirected to this thread. I don't know if the link is bad, or if I am not yet out of the "initiation purgatory" period... There is things, like sending PM, that I am not allowed to do at this moment.

Thanks for your inputs, I really appreciate it.

I think I could possibly find a copy of the original paper for the Hansen's curve tracer at a local library.

But before I investigate any further, I would like to know what are the specifications of this tracer. What kind of curve(s) it may shows, what are the measurement ranges, etc.

Anybody knows?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.