no current mirror, current mirror, cascoded current mirror, bjt or jfet VAS?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And now at 100Khz

Attachments

• p1020011.jpg
    p1020011.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 678
Tiny bit of overshoot but otherwise looks good.
And the sound ?

Anyway, inserting a 100R in the output is always a smart move, just in case you get a short at the output (easy with RCAs), to avoid smoking the JFETs... it will also protect against oscillations.

If you use it to drive headphones (but the JFETs seem a bit wimpy for that) you must add a resistor since headphone jacks short for a brief time on connection.

Hi Maxou,
You could as well try without the output followers. The overshoot will most probably vanish, the stability (into capacitive loads) is amazing. I would probe the output while it is connected to the following amp and check the sound both with complimentary output follower and without.
Nice work, keep it going!
Rüdiger

Onvinyl said:
Hi Maxpou,
you could swap the bases of Q14 and Q18 to the corresponding FET drains. increases (ol-) gain and decreases distortion.
Rüdiger

Hi Rüdiger,
i use the schematic in post #5 not the schematic in post 7.

padamiecki said:

Hi Maxpou,
in my opinion
please f*** 2nd, 3rd, 4th harmonics
but beware of this 15kHz peak!
Better use OLG,
true

Hi padamiecki,
i don't understand your all message, but yes i will test OLG with local feedback later.

Thank you! Maxpou

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.