which power transistor is btr?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I doubt that there is any audible difference between the two - sonics are mainly governed by small-signal stages, particularly the VAS and compensation schema.

The choice of the output transistor is mainly governed by availability, form-factor, power rating, SOA specs/rail voltages, pricing, and the probability of getting counterfeits. It's easier to get genuine Toshibas at a reasonable price, compared to Sankens, but YMMV depending on your location and suppliers.

I though we already had a thread talking about this. In general, Sankens are the best out there - they have the BW of the Toshibas and the SOA of the Moto/ON Semi MJ21xxx. But getting them isn't always easy, and they cost a lot more when you can.
The choice comes down to what you can get, how much it will cost, and what it's going into. If your'e looking for the best single device you can get, I'd recommend the Sanken. But in terms of SOA per dollar at high fT Toshiba stomps everyone if you can use multiples in parallel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.