I am looking for high-end amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am new on this forum. Sorry for my bad English, I am 14 years old and from Czech Republic.

I am looking for the ultrahigh-end amplifier. I mean schematic with a description. I thought I will build DPA222, second edition but I found this amplifier is very old and bad. So I am looking for amplifier up to 150W for subwoofer click . I am doing also Williamson tube amplifier for stereo. I am very interested in audio so I want to have very good amplifiers. Thx for your respones.

DWarf said:

I am looking for the ultrahigh-end amplifier .... up to 150W for subwoofer click .
I am doing also Williamson tube amplifier for stereo.
I am very interested in audio so I want to have very good amplifiers.

Hi,

You do not need an ultra-high end amplifier for a subwoofer.
Any sensibly engineered decent design will be fine.

The Williamson can be a bit of a builders nightmare, see :
http://www.lundahl.se/pdfs/claus_byrith/amplifier_30wpp.pdf
http://www.lundahl.se/pdfs/claus_byrith/appendix_cb.pdf

:)/sreten.

Nice to see one from this region here... I'm from Schrems. Good luck with your efforts.

For subwoofer application I would go for a more powerful amplifier.... I know, you'd like to do diy stuff, but if money is limited I suggest to look at the Amplifier line from Thomann (www.thomann.de)

For example, take the TA-1050MKX..
These are PA amplifiers, so very rugged und well priced. Plus they are very "tweakable".
For that price (€199) you'll get a big transformer, a lot of Power Transistors (I think there are ~ 6x 2SC5200/2SA1943 original Toshiba's inside), a 19" case.

I'm 27 now and I put a lot of money down the trashcan, I'll promise you will not be disappointed with one of these amplifiers!

Hope I 'll see you at Hellfest '08 ;) ==> www.kiowa.at we have some 22" Infra Woofers there :devilr:

cheers,
Markus

Hi

I agree with sreten you don't need ultra-high end in terms of topology or bandwidth, but you do need this amp to drive large reactive loads at lower frequencies which will require lots of uF's in the power supply. So you do want an ultra-high end amp in terms of relative robustness. A simple differential input, single ended bootstapped VAS, triple Darlington or Mosfet output, will work superbly.;) The construction design quality is the determining factor here, IMO. Or you could just buy it....:eek::whazzat:

If you need just one for yourself and can salvage hardware from other things it may be cheaper to DIY. Recycling is a good thing.:earth:

Hello DWarf.

Mr.Dudek paid to people new version of DPA222MK2 and its very good amp with excellent sound.I finish this amp this week and then I plan to use this two amps in my system.

One this stereo amp in bridge mode...

But you can try some other topology of course.

Try go to slovanet.sk and there you see.

And High-End for me begins- 2pcs Velodyne SPL1200.:D

DWarf said:
Hi, I am new on this forum. Sorry for my bad English, I am 14 years old and from Czech Republic.

I am looking for the ultrahigh-end amplifier. I mean schematic with a description. I thought I will build DPA222, second edition but I found this amplifier is very old and bad. So I am looking for amplifier up to 150W for subwoofer click . I am doing also Williamson tube amplifier for stereo. I am very interested in audio so I want to have very good amplifiers. Thx for your respones.
DPA222, hardly very bad :no:

You could also pay attention to this error correction amp which seems to be very fresh and bold in it's new thinking. ExtremeA seems not to be too bad either.

I don't know anything about the DPA222, but for a subwoofer amp, it might be good to start with a chipamp (gainclone) design. Using the National Semi LM series amp chips, there are designs for amps from 40w to 300w. They are relatively easy to work with, this makes them good for someone just beginning. There is also an entire section of diyaudio dedicated to just chipamps, so there's a lot of people who can help. Once you have gotten some experience, then you can go for the really BIG discrete power amp for your subwoofer. Something like 1 kilowatt or so.:devilr: :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.