Line Array Eq, Coldamp Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys,

i am looking for some reactions to a circuit that i have shamelessly pasted together from some of Mr. Rod Elliot's web pages (apologies and thanks in advance)

the circuit is a preamp/eq for a coldamp 400 watt amp powered by a SP30 power supply - this amp is driving a line array made up of 18 Aura NS3-193-8A's wired (6parallel24) at 4 ohms total, with a baffle width of 5.5"inches, radius'd just to the edge of the speaker frame - this is a Bose PAS clone in as far as use, not execution - it will reproduce electro-acoustic music in relatively free space (on stage and possibly outdoors) not in a listening room -

the circuit starts with a summing amp (for utilities sake) for 4 line level sources, then moves to a Baxandall/Baffle step eq, and a high end eq to make up for some losses in the high end of the NS3's, then finishes with a 36db. per octave high pass to allow me decent safe volume from the NS3's with out excessive Xmax - this may be used by laptop musicians running max/msp software than can easily spit out intense subsonic frequencies (intended or unintended)

Questions I have are;
Any obvious no-no's?
Will the Baffle step-ish circuit work? are my values close for 1Khz baffle?
If the eq will never be in "cut" mode, do i alter the circuit?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Warren

Attachments

• linearrayeq3.jpg
    linearrayeq3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 148
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.