I want an solution amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello diyers
I write again in this forum because want an solution of my problem.
In the last years build some amps(esp 3a-gainclones-class a - fets-rotel clone -naim clone-arcam clone-albary clone...and much much more...)all sound well but search an amp what give me an good experience musical and no sleep my ears.
Y exchange an lots of components..transistos MKP capacitors but the mirecle no happen.
The power not is important...
condition:clear and 3D sound clear voices and good bass.
20 to 50 W of rms power is ok..
thanks

I might suggest a Pass A40 circuit board driving the Threshold S150 output stage.

The S150 is very musical, as are the Nakamichi receivers that use the Stasis technology under license.

The front-end for the Nakamichi looks like the A40, hence the suggestion of using an A40 board to drive the S150 output stage.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=38107&stamp=1024679649

The A40 circuit boards are still available for about $6 each from AudioXpress.

http://www.audioxpress.com/bksprods/products/pcbj-5.htm

I think the lack of global feedback on the S150 is what gives it its 'musical' quality. There are complete kits from Hawk and LC Audio that have no global feedback, but the $6 each for blank boards would make this very inexpensive to try (after all your experience I would bet you have most of the major parts already).

"i go build this"

Why?

It won't sound substantially different than what you have done before, the Pass Stasis output stage will.

The symasym is substantially the same as the circuit used over 30 years ago in the Dynaco ST400/410/416. The diferences (beyond the high-power series connected output stage) are trivial (first diff pair NPN vs PNP in the Dynaco, different method of making the current sources, etc).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.