BASH 500 watt rack amp help to tweak

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been able to get inside the 500wpc jame's loudspeaker model 5, refurbished (like new), subwoofer rack amps that were given to us. They were built by Indigo BASH audio in Canada.

I have had some luck with conversing with the folk there (they snet some graphs) and James folk have simply said, "the amps basically hit a brick wall at 23 Hz". The other BASH stock amps seem to have High pass filter at about 30hz which seems to be something like the graph BASH sent re the James specs??.

I have a link here that shows the curves that BASH sent me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15640395@N05/

If I were to post pics is there anyone out there that could/would be able to suggest what might be tweaked to modify the highpass filter (around 30 Hz) which needs to be moved down to about 12Hz? A Linkwitz Riley high pass at 12 Hz seems to model well and deal with any over excursion with a Exodus Audio Tempest X 15" in a 400 liter enclosure tuned to 15-16 Hz

IF SO, ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO BEST PHOTOGRAPH THE BOARDS WOULD BE APPRECIATED--I HAVE A 4 MEGAPIXEL DIGITAL CAMERA WITH A ZOOM ON IT.

Thanks

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
I don't know about the BASH amp, but for photography...

1) Go outside on a bright cloudy day. No flash. No direct sun. (Bright but no harsh specular reflections.)
2) Use a tripod to avoid vibration or movement.
3) Look for a MACRO mode on your camera (flower icon) and turn it on
4) Zoom in optically, not digitally.
5) Press shutter button gently to avoid vibration.
6) Check pic on computer. If blurry, you're probably too close for the lens or something moved. Reshoot.

Good luck.

..Todd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.