DH-500 +- 90- 100 volt Regualted power supplies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently rebuilding two Hafler DH-500 amps and one XL-600 using dual toroidal transformers, IXYS rectifiers and Musical Concepts PA-3E boards with black gate caps, and 4 - 39,000 uf main caps per amp. To be used to bi-amp my Polk SDA-SRS speakers which I just purchased on E-bay and have since reworked with new Mills resistors and Polyproplyene caps. And for my dual center channel using a pair of modified Polk CS400i's

Most Of my Listening will be two channel with the SDA-SRS's only

I am looking for a state of the art power supply -+ 95 volt for the
front end, low level and drivers. I plan to leave the Mosfets unregulated. Using the main caps and toroidal

I have built several power supplies, based on Boak, Sultzer and Jung designs . Using NE-5534 and LM317-LM337's and floating zener designs, for other Hafler, Dynaco 416, Leach Super Amps, and the Marsh pre-amp about 20-25 years ago. But haven't done much since then. In the past I built a Marshall Leach super amp and regulated each stage using a modified floating Sultzer design, including the output stage. But gave it to my son who managed to blow all the transistors and his speakers.

What is the power supply design that will give me the best
results, for my new system. Also I need advice regarding removing
the resistor that separates the Mosfet drivers from the front end

My Initial aproach is use the LM317 and LM337 and float them
using a Zener String using seperate 5-10 volt transformers coupled to the main transformer to give a voltage boost ,rectify and regulate all with a common ground. Other option would be to use a 140 volt ct transformer 1 amp and do the same

I would appreciate any advice that anyone has.

Thanks,

Bill (wrich22)

Louisville, Ky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.