best opamp for you [surway]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is no way to say "best" without qualifying your criteria. I am not made of money, and although I really like the sound of the OPA627, it is foolish to pay that kind of money for little gain over several very good opamps that are available for a mere fraction of the price (5532/34, 604/2604, et. al.)

Bang-for-the-buck-wise, the OPA604/OPA2604 is tough to beat (especially if you can get a supply voltage of +/-20V or so). If you have deep pockets, buy a 627/637 and fuggetaboutit.

Op-amps

Depends a lot upon application, but the following general purpose, high performance devices are good all-rounders.

AD825 - cheap, easily available, stable

AD8610 - Best sound I've heard in my headphone amp

AD8620 - Dual version of above, almost no performance degradation over above, but good thermal tracking, which can be very useful

AD8065 - Very fast, and well behaved device, exceptionally good for driving high capacitance

THS4271 - very fast, ultra low noise, narrow supply range

That's a useless question; it's like asking, "What is the best car?" If you want to haul around a couple of kids, you'll have a different answer than someone who wants to get around a track as fast as possible.

You have to specify what you're going to use the op-amp for in order to select a "best" one. It's a basic rule of engineering, but one I see ignored a lot: The first step is to define the problem.

Human Communications Poll

aiwonsi said:
thank everybody

I want your opinions for my human communication course
and I don't want the accurate answer(s)
I wan't 100 up answers and reasons to complete my poll

hope you understand my objective

tahnk again,aiwonsi

Hi Aiwonsi,
I feel abused. you should have said at forehand that you objectives were not DIY but "human communications":hot: :hot: :hot:
Also a poll is not allowed on this forum!:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.