My MOSFET amplifier designed for music. - Page 14 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th June 2008, 07:02 AM   #131
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Hello Michael,
Listen carefully ,
1. Adjust R8 (The pot) for 22 millivolts across R23 with no load attached and with no input signal.

2. Try adding a 10 ohm 2 watt (or 1 watt) carbon or metal film resistor across L1 the coil at the output.

Have you built just one channel or two ?

Nobody else got one going yet.
Old 20th June 2008, 07:58 AM   #132
diyAudio Member

Hi mooly,

1. Adjust R8 (The pot) for 22 millivolts across R23 with no load attached and with no input signal.

2. Try adding a 10 ohm 2 watt (or 1 watt) carbon or metal film resistor across L1 the coil at the output.

i understand this for adjust bias level at R23....to 22millv....ok i will do that....

i already done L1 coil got one resister that is 0.22ohms 3W as you shown. should i replace it with 10ohms 2w?

i just build one chanel.....i will build another one later on until it is working fine. then just follow same. i am still testing, how its operate. until now there is no unusual sound heat i have found. all looks quite well. i think it is quite fine working...its not rough at all.

thanks for advice.

Old 20th June 2008, 08:43 AM   #133
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

keep R23, R24 & R26.
Add 10r in parallel to L1. I prefer a value between 2r2 and 4r7 ll to L1 but try something.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:55 AM   #134
diyAudio Moderator

Hello Michael,
As Andrew says, just put it in parallel with L1. Anything
As the amp is so stable you could even try shorting out the coil all together. Just keep the 0.22 ohm series resistor R26.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:57 AM   #135
diyAudio Moderator

Michael,
Why don't you have a go at making some PCB's. It's very easy.
Old 20th June 2008, 12:00 PM   #136
diyAudio Member

hi mooly,

ok....just send you an email about ampire meter.

i really need one circuit for analog ampire panel meter. i have one panel meter it is analog showing 0 to 10ampire. i need a circuit for it to check my power supply for various transformer dc voltage ampire.

pls help me to make this.

thank you.
Old 20th June 2008, 12:02 PM   #137
diyAudio Member

hi,

i will be going to making pcb. i already checked those chemicals where to parchase also saw the blank pcb board. but i need somethings to do first before i make it.

anyway soon you will see making pcb board.....
Old 20th June 2008, 12:05 PM   #138
diyAudio Moderator

Have a look at www.diptrace.com for the freeware version of a PCB package. Its brilliant.
Old 20th June 2008, 12:10 PM   #139
diyAudio Member

thanks for pcb soft...iam down loading now....
Old 20th June 2008, 03:35 PM   #140
Banned

KLe,
your pondering is reasonable. Many years ago a friend of mine had a British style single ended input amp, despite many impurities and low quality parts the sound was kinda pleasant and I just could not understand why. It took a long while to find out due to extremely sluggish thinking but enlightening spiritual exercises expand our consciousness and enhance our ability to perceive clearly the inner nature of reality around us. There is no doubt in my mind that this amp is as musical as Mooly says, however, the transcendental guru`s penetrating insightfullness cannot pass by unnoticed, stating: everything can get better. Reassuringly, later on in chapter twelve, indicating nearly infinite wisdom, we also find: all problems have solutions.
Now, the bothering problem with the bias current in the drivers still remains, leaving them without a chance when encountering those huge input capacitances. Moreover, something deep inside tells me that output stages should not have voltage gain...

Hide this!Advertise here!