Mission cyrus 2 l/h channel low volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My beloved cyrus 2 + psx has lost volume on the l/h channel, there seems to be many posts on here regarding this but i end up going in circles. The amp is issue 7 i have removed the circuit board and checked for dry solder joints as i have found some before especially the rca sockets having to endure heavy cables at a funny angle. There seems to be no damage to caps that i can see only the two brick red units that sit under the green ribbon are showing signs of cracking. After viewing various posts and not wanting to replace set up,( i use vinyl just as much as cd ) i have decided either:-
i) To contact cyrus and enqiure about refurbishment, to both 2 + psx- sounds pricey though.
ii) My prefered choice is to do it myself, would like help sourcing quality audio replacement parts, the pots sem fine only the selector switch suffered a few years ago but seems fine after a clean.

Hi thanks for the reply, i havn't checked witha scope as idont have one, have only noticed this the past week have done the usual checks, different sources, swapping speaker wires etc. Had the amp apart today to do a visual check, i then decided to join and post the previous request. Since then i have put it back together and found that with no inputs connected i get a huge hum from the good channel when phono selected which only dissapears when i plug the cd players RCA's into the cd input. With one source at a time used the left channel is lacking in volume and bass. It is compensatable using the balance but nowhere near the sound quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.