Gainclone Throughput Polarity Selection.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There has been some discussion lately about the merits of inverting operation VS non-inverting operation for GC circuit,
so perhaps it is prudent to show that an opamp circuit can be switched either way as below.
I know the circuit given is configured for X1 gain, but likely values can be suitably changed.

I did also see a similar circuit in WW/EW circuit years ago that used a pot instead of a switch as the polarity selector.
This gave +1 through 0 through -1 gain and polarity control, and was described as being useful for selecting reverb unit return signal polarity, but alas I forget the finer details - anybody have that circuit to hand ?.

Either of these two circuits implemented correctly may be suitable to give the luxury of choice of GC operating mode.
This circuit is of course perfectly suitable for line level polarity control, and could easily be incorporated into a preamp or cdp output stage.

Eric.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.