Aksa - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 22nd January 2002, 01:34 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Hugh lives in Australia. It's night time over there. He probably likes to sleep at night. I'm sure he'll get to you first thing after he has his coffee in the morning.

Grey

Old 22nd January 2002, 01:47 AM   #32
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

Despite all rumours to the contrary, I am actually wide awake, it is 11:50 am here, and I have enjoyed my morning cuppa. It is drizzly in Melbourne, pleasantly balmy at around 20C, and neight of my two daughters (one Boadicea, and the other Cindarella) are causing me any angst at this time, God be thanked.....

I am wrapping parcels of AKSAs for my customers, and scrabbling to get to the parts stockist for some more bloody heatshrink tubing for the RF suppression inductors!

Oh, I am listening to Madonna. Why? Long since given up on the music. It's the recording I like!

Cheers,

Hugh

Old 22nd January 2002, 02:47 AM   #33
Geoff is offline Geoff  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Michel/Hugh

Whilst this debate is interesting and informative, I do not think that it is appropriate to discuss, in open forum, schematics that are not available to all members, since it becomes impossible to follow the some of the reasoning and comments. Could I please therefore suggest that either Michel posts his schematics for all to see, and comprehend, or that you continue your discussions by email.

Geoff

Old 22nd January 2002, 03:13 AM   #34
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

Micheal, please do not mistake Grey Rollins for Geoff... indeed they are 2 different people both of which have made countless helpful and informative contributions to this forum.

Old 22nd January 2002, 04:03 AM   #35
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

From the site mission statement: "When it comes down to it, DIY Audio is all about fun. This site is about making our fun easier to find!".

Michel,

I think you have something to add to our community. I think you just started out on the wrong foot.

I think that when you started posting in this forum, you did not understand netiquette. Posting ASCII is not like having a normal conversation. <i>I please request that you will spend time researching netiquette before posting anything that might be considered sarcastic, or that might 'stir the pot', in our forum again</i>.

I am positive that you will find the people here from now on will treat you with the same respect that you will give them.

<b>We are now starting with a clean slate</b>. I have done my best to remove off topic discussion from this thread. It took me a while, because I think there is a lot of good content here.

Until now there has not been a thread that has gotten so emotional. Please don't let it happen again!

I am not trying to be big brother, but sometimes every community needs a little policing.

I will post a community code of conduct to the site in the next few days.

Sorry for the tersity of my post, but I have to get back to work.

I look forward to further discussion about this amplifer. It would be nice if Mr. AKSA could post the schematics so everyone else can see what is going on, otherwise, you might as well be communicating via email and not being a 'tease' to the drooling onlookers. In our shared goal of DIY we have abundance mentality, we're all about sharing, just ask Mr. Pass

Thanks, sorry, to the future,

Jason.

Old 22nd January 2002, 04:08 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Actually, posting schematics is quite easy. All you have to do is use the Attach File button below the reply window. Please note the restrictions on file type and file size before uploading files.
As to why I'm posting relative to your behavior...I'm the moderator.

Grey

Old 22nd January 2002, 05:11 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

I could have sworn that a few hours ago, this thread was longer, I believe it had 4 pages and about 54 posts. What happened?

Old 22nd January 2002, 05:12 AM   #38
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

JohnR,

There is no need for your attitude. I don't recall you contributing to the discussion apart from your opinion of the ASKA amplifer kit. We were discussing the merits of a non-evasive protection scheme for amplifiers. The people involved were well able to defend their opinions without your help.

Regards,
Jam

Old 22nd January 2002, 05:16 AM   #39
JohnR is offline JohnR  Australia
diyAudio Member

Kilowatt, Jason edited it to get it back on track. Then michel self-immolated, leaving mostly the AKSA builders, and Hugh's explanations of his philosophy concerning output protection.

Jam, fair enough, I apologize.

JohnR

Old 22nd January 2002, 05:19 AM   #40
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

I stuffed up the '10 minutes till posts are locked in' setting (it was turned off), which has allowed Michel to now turn this thread into swiss cheese. I have now fixed this.

Jam: You may not have seen the recent diatribe from Michel that JohnR responded to, or you may. Regardless, the issue is now over and out.

Please direct anything that should not go into this thread to me personally at jason@diyaudio.com rather than posting it.

<b>This thread is now closed</b>. Please start a new thread if you want to continue discussing amplifier protection schemes or the AKSA amp, and feel free to cut and paste from this thread to the new in order to create a basis for discussion.

If I can, I will restore Michel's posts so that you can continue discussing non evasive amplifier protection schemes and use his material as reference, but this is painful (sifting through .tgz mysql update logs).

Apologies to all concerned.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!