Help repairing a CS-400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a CS-400 amp that i have been working on. It had 3 bad transistor 1 driver and 2 finals in the B ch. and a 100 ohm 1/4 watt resistor was burned out so badly that it was comepletely gone. When i started working on this Amp i found around 57 volts out on the B ch output. I ordered all new transistor for the Amp 4 drivers and 12 finals and replaced the burned out 100 ohm resistor. Before installing my new transistors i moved the 3 needed transistors from the a ch that worked 100% to the b ch. Upon power up the amp worked for about 1 min and then..... Sparks flow. Upon inspection i found that the 100 ohm resistor was gone again (burned away) and a small transistor on the driver pcb has a big hole burned in it.

I found a very poor quanlity diagram on the internet that is so small i can't read it. If someone has a diagram that they would be willing to share that would be great. My CS-400 is an "A" ver i thank it has "11178" on the driver broad and "22278" on the power boards, would the 78 be the year it was made???

Any help would be great. I has spent a lot of time in these forums reading and it has helped so far.

Thanks for your time

Gary LaForce
N0PBM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.