Adding a Sub output... sum the two inputs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
How does this look for a dipole sub equalization with the notch filter in it?

-Paul

Attachments

• suboutput.gif
    suboutput.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 263
PaulHilgeman said:
I want to sum the channels so taht I get both L and R coming out of the single sub

The notch is because of the resonance that occours due to the 'D' from the front radiating area to the back. It will create a peak at 290 Hz with the enclosure that I am using.

Yes, what you need is a circuit that mixes both channels and puts a low pass filter to leave out everything that is not los frequency.

You do that before going into the power amp, of course, and you use just one amp as I think you know, and you do this crossover after the preamp or source output.

Why do you want to create a peak?

Carlos

Low pass pole at 100 hz or lower for Sub

Make the pole of your Low pass filter at 100 Hz or lower for a sub and then you will have no problems at 290 Hz. It will simply not be there. 290 Hz is not in the realm of sub-bass. Hell its not even bass really. It s low midrange. Kill it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Yes, that is true, but this is only a 12dB/ octave low pass XO. If you cross out at 100Hz, that dosnt mean that everything above there is just gone. So if there is a 6dB peak at 290Hz, it will only be about 8 or 9 dB below reference due to the 12dB/octave 100hz XO.

That is why I need the notch.

-Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.