2 Ch. Amp for Highs/Mids & 1 for Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2 Ch. Amp for Highs/Mids & 1 for Sub

hi
new to your site
very nice site

i am an inventer (real job is a plumber)
i built a nice digital jobsite boombox already (can email pics if requested))

Boombox is a larger style of the old 80's Breakdance Boomboxes
All Plexiglass construction w/ a handle
Has an Ipod for Signal, a 2 channel DJ amp (on top) w/ a bass blocking crossover (built into rear of box) powering 2 Bose Cubes, & a 1 channel Bose Sub amp (built into rear of box) powering a 12" Pioneer Sub

very heavy/bulky, but nice as hell

i would like to know about finding/purchasing/building a small/clear/good 2 channel amp (possibly flush mountable - like a sub amp is in a sub box in a home theater system) to power 2 Bose Cubes (for mids/highs)

also - maybe a good/loud/clear flush mountable (like used in sub boxes for home theater systems) single channel sub amp & a good/loud/clear free air woofer (or small box volume required ported woofer)

trying to make the jobsite boombox smaller/lighter/better etc.

dont really know where to start to find someone

any info is much, much appreciated
eric m. wagner

Re: 2 Ch. Amp for Highs/Mids & 1 for Sub

ericwagner said:

i would like to know about finding/purchasing/building a small/clear/good 2 channel amp (possibly flush mountable - like a sub amp is in a sub box in a home theater system) to power 2 Bose Cubes (for mids/highs)

also - maybe a good/loud/clear flush mountable (like used in sub boxes for home theater systems) single channel sub amp & a good/loud/clear free air woofer (or small box volume required ported woofer)

trying to make the jobsite boombox smaller/lighter/better etc.

Apexjr.com has the plate amps you need - the dual 25 watt looks promising.

For the woofer, you won't be able to get really loud and have a lot of sub-bass. Something like a Selenium 10PW3 will play loud and have plenty of punch, but no sub-bass. I've used drivers like that for boom boxes and had good results. If you want low, use something like a Dayton 10" Quatro ported. About 40 Hz in a cubic foot, but you'll need to feed it 100 watts. I used that one as a boat sub and it rocked.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.