Can you suggest a schematic were i can use this FET into the output? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd January 2008, 08:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Can you suggest a schematic were i can use this FET into the output?

I have many of them.... looks huge ones.

Please, post the schematic that will work fine with those ones.

Here is the Data sheet.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif 1.gif (34.2 KB, 674 views)
Old 3rd January 2008, 08:37 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Was a gift from a forum friend, Dudainc... and now i want to put those ones to play

I have many... would like to use them into output, having transistors into the other stages.

Yes, quasi complementary may fit my needs.

I can try to create the circuit...but why to take those risks when we have, in our forum, hundreds of skilled folks to operate with Fets (I am not skilled with them).... so.... already tested schematic will be excelent.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif 2.gif (20.4 KB, 494 views)
Old 3rd January 2008, 08:42 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Yeah...i can install a zener and diodes and produce 4 volts to it.

But this is not the entire knowledge about Fets.... skilled guys have things to say, advises to give.

It is different when guys are skilled.... i am new into Fet.

All i know they have gate, drain and source and works sligtlhy different..have capacitance into the input.... charge and do not conduct input current..no DC current..only AC current into the input... strange folks...and we need bigger bias voltage to force them to operate.... very strange folks those Fets!

Negative!..please, not those fanatics by fets with amplifiers using fet everywhere...no!..no! ...no!.... only the output friends, please!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif 3.gif (21.2 KB, 474 views)
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:48 PM   #4
KSTR is offline KSTR  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Carlos,

maybe something like this, preferably a class-A variant and in bridge mode (because of the low Vds)?
Improving the linearity of an N-ch MOSFET output stage

This MOSFET has really a lot of capacitance and needs a hard drive... and maybe it is quite non-linear at reasonable currents (note that the curves start in the 10A region) -- there are chances it will not be good for audio. But one would certainly need to try it, so go ahead...

I once used a somewhat similar monster, the IRFP2907, in a power supply (as a cap multiplier), where it perfomed well. No audio application, though.

Regards, Klaus
Old 3rd January 2008, 10:05 PM   #5
wg_ski is offline wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member

As a class H rail switch

I just ordered a bunch of Fairchild's version (HUF75344G3) for that purpose. The IR's in the TO247 have just gotten stupid expensive the last few years - good find!
Old 4th January 2008, 12:42 AM   #6
x-pro is offline x-pro  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi Carlos,

my O/S configuration would work well with these devices. You can build a single 50V supply bridge amp, capable of 100W into 8 Ohm, 200W into 4 and happily delivering 400W into 2 Ohm load. If you only need it for a subwoofer, than it can be quite simple as you don't need a lot of speed. However it is also possible to build a good full-range amp with these devices. A simplified circuit I've simulated using somewhat similar size FETs (IRF1405) for the output, set for 600mA idle (15W dissipation on each transistor) shows about 0.07% THD at 1 kHz, 40V p-p into 4 Ohm and 0.1% into 2 Ohm.

Cheers

Alex
Attached Images
File Type: gif nch_output.gif (9.2 KB, 543 views)
Old 4th January 2008, 05:32 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you folks.... Klaus and X Pro.

In the reality i am searching for something using BGTs...only the output stage using FETs.

Thank you.... very precious informs.... very good ones.

Now i have more knowledge about.

regards,

Carlos
Old 4th January 2008, 06:03 AM   #8
taj is offline taj
diyAudio Member

I don't know anything about its suitability to your FETs, Carlos, but this one suits your request for all-BJT front-end and has Quasi-complementary FET outputs. And is VERY well respected for its sound.

http://www.adam.com.au/cgpap/QuasiWeb/index.htm

..Todd
Old 4th January 2008, 06:11 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you Todd.... i have constructed quasi amplifiers..he is a good friend

and an excelent designer.

I would like to produce some different schematic...you know.... we love new things, different ideas, sligthly different schematics, to listen, to evaluate, to understand more, to learn more.

New ones are more pleasant than build, once again, some of Quasi amplifiers.... i made many amplifier from Quasi

I will build this one RAJ have just sent me.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schematic from dear raj.jpg (91.5 KB, 492 views)
Old 4th January 2008, 06:13 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default This one is not really different from Quasi amplifiers

The basic idea is almost the same... number of stages the same... bias is different..there are small differences only.

But a little different one.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg data from raj.jpg (89.7 KB, 373 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!