Calculations for 2ohm into 1200w @ a 60 degree load phase angle. ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Need some help with some power output stage calculations! (not the greatest in the world at math plus no proper EE). Basically I want a design that delivers 300W rms into 8 ohms and doubles down to 4 ohm (600W), then 2 ohm (1200W).

Yes I am aware of voltage sag etc with heavy current delivery and resistive losses etc. The OP stage is regulated with low Z so I can ignore half of the usual arguements.

The snag is, that I am using a fully regulated output stage, so rather than work out the power calculations into a 1200w 2r (purely resistive) load I have to factor in load phase angle because there is no impulse (transient) power available from the series regulator for a reactive load. I also think the regulator has to be very very fast. This is the price to pay for excellent load regulation in a series reg I think.

So basically can someone do the calculations for 2ohm into 1200w @ a 60 degree load phase angle. ? Consider this the absolutely the worst case and should be able to drive some large PA speaker bass bins etc.

PS. This will be a one off diy design. I was thinking if I am going to build something make it "decade" proof! lol. A powerful amp transcends time I find! lol. ) still have some old hitachi PA types kicking around

Thanks for any help

Kevin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.