Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd December 2007, 04:59 AM   #21
taj is offline taj
diyAudio Member

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow_sm.jpg (83.7 KB, 3899 views)
Old 22nd December 2007, 06:49 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default I would like to have some snow here too

It is very pretty....you can put a lot of things to protect your body...but when you have this heat i have around, there's nothing you can do.

Well... i do not know the problems....maybe to have a shower... to go to the WC.... to use toothbrush....maybe the nose goes to freeze....maybe not good.

"The neighboor's chicken is always more fat than our own chicken"

We use to perceive other folks weather as better... i think we do not know the real things.

Hot weather is not confortable, you feel yourself always dirty, greasy and sweeting alike a pig... you have mosquitos around (the reproduce very fast having watter and hot weather)... maybe you have problems.... the snow can block your home's doors.... yeah... i do not know those things...have never seen the snow.

The images seems to be Black and White.... very beautifull... time to be very close to keep the warm around us.. time to talk, to be inside house (here you melt...we go to balcony or outside home)

regards,

Carlos
Old 22nd December 2007, 07:00 AM   #23
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Carlos, you and me are sunshine children, we don't know snow...

I guess it makes a mess when it starts to melt...

What have you built so far today...
Old 22nd December 2007, 08:21 AM   #24
jaycee is offline jaycee  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Should the capacitor on the input really be 4.7nF ? That seems rather low to me.. perhaps it should be 4.7uF ?

The drawing is also a little "cramped"... perhaps it would be better to use "landscape" mode?

All in all though it looks very good I have wanted to try out the CFP in the long-tailed pair for a while.. as another amp I was quite fond of (the Cyrus 1) uses a similar arrangement.

Only one other comment - why the zeners for the current sources? Would not an LED be better for this ? Perhaps it is just personal taste ?

I look forward to seeing the PCB anyway I might even be tempted to make one!! (i'm making do with an LM3886 based amp at the moment)
Old 22nd December 2007, 08:27 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Carlos's monitor only allows for relatively low resolution...
Old 22nd December 2007, 08:50 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Ah, ok I guess i forget I have a 19" lcd (20" widescreen one on my iMac too) and a lot younger eyes

I'm putting the diagram into EAGLE, for something to do
Old 22nd December 2007, 09:02 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

I have the frontend layed out allready... progressing to drivers and output today...
Old 22nd December 2007, 09:40 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Cool... TO-264 outputs ?
Old 22nd December 2007, 10:23 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Uopss!.... maybe my mistake...input is 4.7 microfarads and a smaller

capacitor in parallel

Thank you Nordic.... yeah.... i am a children.... this good...sometimes.

I have started something.... and i think without big mistakes, because you sent that strip of resistances identified by values and resistance number too.

Man.... a huge, big hard work you had..... a felt pitty Nordic.... despite you feel good.... non profit hard labour is something not so confortable.

While i was constructing i was thinking to make an amplifier using only same values...you know... capacitors 100N

Condensers 220uF

Small capacitors 33pf

Transistors..all them the same...also thinking about avoid NPN and PNP....

And resistance with three main values..... low, mids and highs.

Can you image how fast to construct...all transistors...let's say..BD139...all big resistances 12K...and all small ones 100 ohms...mid ones 2K2... and series and parallel arrangements to use only those ones.

This way you would not have lost so many hours separating parts.

Well.... this is some brain storm.... high intra cranian (skull) pressure and some brown fluid leakage from my head... excess of delirating dreams.

I have started something....but family is around...they want to go out..to buy this, that and those.... daugther wanna Ice Cream... wife want me to go to the Shopping..and i wanna stay home!

But i think i will loose that... 2 against one... and charming girls...hummmmm ... already lost.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i am starting.jpg (97.7 KB, 1832 views)
Old 22nd December 2007, 02:02 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Default Sorry, the HRII here...my mistake.

Here is the updated, corrected schematic.

Included the third transistor pair.... each one of them with their own emitter resistance.

Each one of them with their base stop resistance.

Each pair will need a suckout condenser directly connected into the output bases.... you see, into the circuit a single capacitor... better to use three...one to each pair.... the schematic is crowdy..not space to include more details.

The input condenser is 4.7uf or bigger.

If you will use 4 ohms and full power all time long.... into professional applications...then it is better to dissipate only 60 watts into each pair... 6 pairs will be good to hard work... to full power.

If you are bad... very bad...and will inject square wave into your amplifier.... 6 volts peak to peak of square wave.... low frequencies... continuous and into 4 ohms speaker...than use 12 pairs!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dx precision.pdf (17.6 KB, 594 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!