Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th December 2007, 08:23 PM   #121
roender is offline roender  Romania
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Boys.... i have mail from Aspen Amplifiers.... Santa Klaus from Kangaroo country sent

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X

Very hot here is when temperature reach 32 degrées celsius into the appartment
... your intelligence is clear for us...a big honor to me to eat that Cozonac with you and to produce picture together you to show my Brazilian friends i could be together a gênius for some moments (till the one discover how weak in knowledge i am compared with your knowledge)

regards,

Carlos
Dear professor Carlos,
You make me rush, I don't have at least half experience as you have.
I wish you a cool night ... man, 32C in your house ... i can not stand more than a minute at that temperature. You are a children of the Sun!
Old 28th December 2007, 08:29 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

Default It is not confortable dear Roender.... very hot.

have to drink a lot of watter and eat fruits in big quantities...to have shower 3 to 4 times a day and do not use too much clothing..only the needed to keep law respected.

Shorts, or bermuda pants and no shirts...no conditions to use shirts!...this is alike a Swedish Sauna.

regards,

Carlos

.................................................. .................................................. .

Nordic

Was a good friend i have, from Europe that told me that...also he defends the use of 100 volts insulation into condensers.... no problems..but this cost a lot more!

His is thinking about 47000 microfarads... twice the minimum needed.... or...the needed value to 4 ohms operation..... we can reduce a little to allow people not to spend too much.

I also think this way.... it uses three pairs..so, this cost three times one pair.

regards,

Carlos

.................................................. .................................................. .

The picture:

Letter including boards made with the King hands

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0493.jpg (87.2 KB, 854 views)
Old 28th December 2007, 08:34 PM   #123
diyAudio Member

Default You cannot imagine the "noise"..comments.... expressions of nice surprise

When you release your design

A lot of very good folks are impressed with your design.

Lacombe is a monster in technology..... the guy is the Doctor from the Doctors...and he said your amplifier is lovely.

Because of those "big folks" words that i feel honored by your attention with me.

Beautifull picture...very nice kid..... has clever eyes.

regards,

Carlos

About boards received.

They are not from Hugh line....only one of his ideas...a brainstorm he had... different design, sounding very good...but not the top performer he was searching for.... i have asked those boards, he made 4 and used two to listen the prototype...then i asked the free ones to me.

I have said that i was on troubles with parts..that even with huge stock that would arrive from Duda and from Nordic, that i would be zeroed related output and good high voltage drivers..so..he sent me.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0494.jpg (73.0 KB, 893 views)
Old 28th December 2007, 10:12 PM   #124
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

With that handwriting Hugh is qualified to become a doctor!
Old 29th December 2007, 02:07 AM   #125
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Nordic,

You are right...... my handwriting is terrible. I can type very fast, but my handwriting remains as bad now as it was at school.

Hot in southern Oz today, 36C. I've just washed and polished my wife's car, soon drenched in sweat.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 29th December 2007, 07:28 AM   #126
diyAudio Member

Default No problems, in my point of view, with our Majesty letter

Ahahahah.... when i appreciate someone, for sure i am fair...ahahahahaha.

Send me some pictures hugh, the Motorcicles and your three Toyotas.

Here, Toyota and Suzuki, are the brands people trust..you can put oil and gaz for 8 years long without send them to repair.

The brazilian cars almost finishes after 4 years use...you have to replace almost everything...only gasoline tank are saved and the external paint also.... we have no rust problems anymore.

Also here, Doctors do not know how to write..but i am worst.... i just do not know how to write using normal letters, i use those letters we have into internet...my hand writing is different from other folks.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg handwritting.jpg (15.2 KB, 824 views)
Old 29th December 2007, 12:12 PM   #127
diyAudio Member

Default Those are the good transistors to drivers

Boys..... try hard to find...those ones are thousand times good, 10000 times guaranteed.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif the good transistors.gif (93.8 KB, 912 views)
Old 29th December 2007, 12:19 PM   #128
diyAudio Member

Default This ones will make you happy, will fit into many amplifiers, see the specs.

Observe data sheet...and see it is insulated, made with dark plastic material.

It is not expensive.... reproduces perfectly the sound that enters the base.

Nice units.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2sc4793.jpg (92.4 KB, 894 views)
Old 29th December 2007, 05:56 PM   #129
crt is offline crt  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

@Nordic
what software do you use for the creating PCB layout, and can see 3 dimension like that?

Sorry for my very bad english
Old 30th December 2007, 05:16 AM   #130
diyAudio Member

Default I forgot condenser that works into the rail regulators

The ones used to capacitance multiplier effect.

Please Nordic, include them into your prototype board.

They work multiplying this 47uf condenser value by the transistor gain.... and the gain is around 150.... so.... this is equivalent, has the same value if you place a big condenser from the emitter to ground.... as rail filter...... 47 multiplied by 150 results in 7050.

So.... the use of this "trick" you will have a "virtual" condenser, as rail filter for the input circuits, bigger than 7000uf... and WITHOUT the need to place "whales" there.

Of course...this is a matter of personal taste..if you want...place whales there, but remember they waste ground space... the are huge and use a lot of room to fit into the boards...and ugly as a hell (my point of view)... also shocking, as condensers are things made to supply boards, not to amplifier boards..we are using because we are crazy....or exotic if you prefer....ahahahha..maybe fanatic.

Also the current we have flowing into the input circuitry is very small... having not the need of huge condensers to stabilize... our 220uf is already an overkill.

Here is the circuit... this is the option 1... using the Capacitance Multiplier effect (see Doctor Rodd Elliot, our better teacher)

regards,

Carlos

here is the image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i forgot this one.jpg (84.9 KB, 651 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!