Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To the ones do not know, Dudainc works in Washington

Acoustic Engineer.

He travells whole world.

He born in Rio Grande do Sul, were he has parents.

His sister (beautifull) lives in Recife.... oh pain!... young and married (bad luck mine!)

Man!... observe..... he is an acoustic engineer.... and he loves Dx amplifiers....this is great.

Duda!... you have made my day!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• good friends, nor neaby friends.jpg
    good friends, nor neaby friends.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 619
Hi the latest schematic is nicely drawn, but would you mind adding a protection diode for each of the cap multipliers...

Much to my Pain I realised that I had like a hundred things in the wrong places on the PCB... well technicaly it was OK, but FAR from optimal... Only noticed when I started getting funny connection lines when I tried to add the cap multipliers.

Think I have it 80% solved now... It is one very full PCB that!!!!!
12 Electrolytics, 19 transistors, 9 diodes, and much much more!!!!

They are still trying to find replacements for the car part...
Can get secondhand with no guarantee... which I don't want.

Something like this diode Rod Elliot uses...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Note that this circuit is quite suitable for Class-AB amplifiers, but since their current requirements vary so widely adding a (much?) larger capacitance to the output, is a must. The diode is recommended as shown to prevent the possibility of reverse biasing (and destroying) the transistor(s) when power is removed.

I reccommend diodes like this gets hardwired into HRII too...
This is a known achilles heel, but I have not been able to understand why, until I remembered Rod's page now.
Instructions to follow.

Hallo Carlos

Dear my Father in Law
Ohhh ... Your daughter is very beautiful :D

Hii Carlos

I
Congratulation with your new design DX Precision
Next you must build DX Preamp Carlos after that
we can make an audio company " DX Accoustic".

II
Do you have PCB and Component picture of this
DXP before, for the best documentation it will be
better if you give us the picture, diyer will develop
soon

III
Hope god of success will always follow

regards, jeffry

Ahahaha.... i also think she is beautifull.

Boards are beeing prepared by Nordic...it will delay some weeks more, but soon you will have it.

Dx Corporation, the one you called Dx Acoustics will not use pré amplifier, or, will not use active pré amplifier...only passive, only trimpots to reduce levels and to control volume.

We had the need of pré amplifier when we had the use of turntable....yes, good audiophiles (the ones have money for that) still use Vinyl discs, but this is not the majority.

Those turntables cartridges needed pré amplification, and also equalization....but...now a days, our audio sources are CDs, DVDs, Television Receivers, Satelite Receivers and very few people use FM Reception (Here they are awfull.... i cannot listen...too much bad, drive me crazy that awfull sound).

Because of that, we are adjusting the amplifier sensitivity to work with all sources...then you have only to use one trimpot to each source, switches if you have many sources or audio and the main potenciomenter into the amplifier input to adjust volume.

Each stage, active circuit, will produce amplification and will also include it's own distortions, so, removing things from your audio chain you will have always advantage.

The best possible sound is the "wire with gain"....no one have discovered that wire till now a days..... one single stage is the best idea, and Nelson Pass have explored that...the problem is that do not produce power enougth...so..... everybody had to include other stages, input differential, VAS, driver plus output.... called three stages..... not really, maybe three blocks.

We still have distortions.... you can see them into waveforms and also you perceive them very clear into listening.

Because of that, Dx Corporation (do not exist in the reality, it is just a dream to become true) decided to use as many auxiliary, periferic, surrounding parts as needed, as stabilizers, current sources, mirrors and all that stuff, but not to include any stage into the audio chain...because of those reasons, the pré amplifier you are dreaming may never exists into the Dx Acoustics as you said....i like the name Jeffry, maybe will be a Division for you country,an Indonesian subsidiary company with you as the President.

Some research on speakers are needed...i am thinking into a spark produced by ultrasonic...high voltage flowing from two points..and to modulate that thing with audio.....so.... ligth and sound will come together with a very nice effect.

Problem will be the interferences generated, the noise into radio receivers and many other systems, may disturb ultrasonic medicine instruments and so on...but may work, multidirectional, omnidirections, very powerfull and better than speakers.

Having current, in special high frequencies, having metal.... then you have electromagnetic waves travelling into space...this is the problem...but we can shield it inside a metal globe, grounded, having very small holes surrounding the metal ball.... 2 milimeters diameter holes may block the electromagnetic waves.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• passive input controller.gif
    passive input controller.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 709
That curved one is a little bit strange, as everything is squared there

Please, remove it or put interrupted dots, or sequence of dots..and better to use straigth lines and 90 degrees angles into this "indication" to use wire links.

You board is too much pretty to have that curved line there, seems the one that have painted skid with the brush and painted a wrong curve in the place of a line.

Cannot use straigth jumper, split them into two jumpers, one to the horizontal position and other to the vertical position.

Also, people will prefer, if wire jumper, to put the wire under the board were nobody will see it.... so... the indication, the upper board indication to the wire jumper will loose the reason to exist and will be there just creating aesthetics problem.

My evaluation is 99.999..... the 0.001 lost is that curve there.

Scandall

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.