Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Attachments

• snow_sm.jpg
    snow_sm.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4,089
I would like to have some snow here too

It is very pretty....you can put a lot of things to protect your body...but when you have this heat i have around, there's nothing you can do.

Well... i do not know the problems....maybe to have a shower... to go to the WC.... to use toothbrush....maybe the nose goes to freeze....maybe not good.

"The neighboor's chicken is always more fat than our own chicken"

We use to perceive other folks weather as better... i think we do not know the real things.

Hot weather is not confortable, you feel yourself always dirty, greasy and sweeting alike a pig... you have mosquitos around (the reproduce very fast having watter and hot weather)... maybe you have problems.... the snow can block your home's doors.... yeah... i do not know those things...have never seen the snow.

The images seems to be Black and White.... very beautifull... time to be very close to keep the warm around us.. time to talk, to be inside house (here you melt...we go to balcony or outside home)

regards,

Carlos

Should the capacitor on the input really be 4.7nF ? That seems rather low to me.. perhaps it should be 4.7uF ?

The drawing is also a little "cramped"... perhaps it would be better to use "landscape" mode?

All in all though it looks very good :) I have wanted to try out the CFP in the long-tailed pair for a while.. as another amp I was quite fond of (the Cyrus 1) uses a similar arrangement.

Only one other comment - why the zeners for the current sources? Would not an LED be better for this ? Perhaps it is just personal taste ?

I look forward to seeing the PCB anyway :) I might even be tempted to make one!! (i'm making do with an LM3886 based amp at the moment)

Uopss!.... maybe my mistake...input is 4.7 microfarads and a smaller

capacitor in parallel

Thank you Nordic.... yeah.... i am a children.... this good...sometimes.

I have started something.... and i think without big mistakes, because you sent that strip of resistances identified by values and resistance number too.

Man.... a huge, big hard work you had..... a felt pitty Nordic.... despite you feel good.... non profit hard labour is something not so confortable.

While i was constructing i was thinking to make an amplifier using only same values...you know... capacitors 100N

Condensers 220uF

Small capacitors 33pf

Transistors..all them the same...also thinking about avoid NPN and PNP....

And resistance with three main values..... low, mids and highs.

Can you image how fast to construct...all transistors...let's say..BD139...all big resistances 12K...and all small ones 100 ohms...mid ones 2K2... and series and parallel arrangements to use only those ones.

This way you would not have lost so many hours separating parts.

Well.... this is some brain storm.... high intra cranian (skull) pressure and some brown fluid leakage from my head... excess of delirating dreams.

I have started something....but family is around...they want to go out..to buy this, that and those.... daugther wanna Ice Cream... wife want me to go to the Shopping..and i wanna stay home!

But i think i will loose that... 2 against one... and charming girls...hummmmm ... already lost.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• i am starting.jpg
    i am starting.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 2,028
Sorry, the HRII here...my mistake.

Here is the updated, corrected schematic.

Included the third transistor pair.... each one of them with their own emitter resistance.

Each one of them with their base stop resistance.

Each pair will need a suckout condenser directly connected into the output bases.... you see, into the circuit a single capacitor... better to use three...one to each pair.... the schematic is crowdy..not space to include more details.

The input condenser is 4.7uf or bigger.

If you will use 4 ohms and full power all time long.... into professional applications...then it is better to dissipate only 60 watts into each pair... 6 pairs will be good to hard work... to full power.

If you are bad... very bad...and will inject square wave into your amplifier.... 6 volts peak to peak of square wave.... low frequencies... continuous and into 4 ohms speaker...than use 12 pairs!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dx precision.pdf
    17.6 KB · Views: 767
No Monsieur Gaetan. not to remove them

Remove them ONLY and IF you find problems.

I have listened reports, from other friends, that those diodes detect Radio Frequency... also i had problems once, and recently i had problems even into the simulator.

It is difficult to me to explain things in English.... keep them in place IF you face some problems.... remove them, as the first suspect, if you have unstabilities.

I had....but..they are very protective to the 10 ohms resistance... and when that resistance burns the problems are very big...so... diodes are nice thing... they are needed...they are a nice solution...they are a clever solution..but they have shown problems.

Telling clear.... if you face unstabilities and crazy behaviors when measuring your amplifier, remove those ones, disconnect one side of each one of them to check if they are the problem.

Not to remove them....KEEP them in place...BUT, understand they can be a problem..attention on them!

regards,

Carlos

....................................................................................................

Jan Dupont

Compare to you, i am a student trying to do something.... try and error and small calculations, not going more deep than ohms law and some things i have learned during experimentation.

Your amplifier, is superior technically.... it may sound better than this one.... but...maybe will be interesting to you... to have some fun...it is cheap, easy to make and Nordic is providing us, cheap, cost price, boards.

I feel deeply honored... and you know the respect i have by your person... i told this many times.

Do not expect something that can beat your design...but, at least will not be a shame too.... sounds very nice, will not measure alike yours.

thank you,

regards,

Carlos

.....................................................................................................

Dear Nordic

Good people, in our forum, some enginneers, some Masters and others use to suggest some modifications... the diodes was one of them... years ago Pavel already mentioned the need... and i know people that made that and had problems with Radio Frequency pick up... so.... some ideas can protect, but can produce some consequences... some side effects.. alike drugs.

Another example is the protection into the VAS.... people said..may blow...i tried to blow and could not blow...but peoçe re-calculate and said..for sure can blow..and i have tried real life and have not blow... so much they insist with that, i decided to include the protection... will not blow anymore.... will be technically better..but will sound worst... reason why i said...wanna protection?... use it.

But switch the damn thing off and listen.

The protection circuit, even well adjusted, compress the audio... the sound turns worst... and you can listen that high volumes switching the protection on and off.

There are decisions, token under the name of reliability, that kills the sound...it is a matter of decision, if the guy want an amplifier huge as a war tank or and amplifier that plays sound in a beautifull way.

Those diodes have caused "recall" of sold amplifiers... so... you see they are dangerous.

Do they protect?.... Yeah!
Are they nice solution?... Yeah!
Technically correct?... Yeah!
Politically correct?... Yeah

Do you trust in those diodes?.... not too much...just a little.... and scared.

There are many folks that knows more than i know...they may be rigth and i can be wrong...because of that you have introduced the diodes and you have not istened my complains about the subject.

regards,

Carlos

Hi carlos :) Thanks friend

You know I'm not the judgement type ;)
I know that I always can learn more, and I'm open for new designs and ideas......

I know that my LYNX/PA-34 may be better in some areas than your DX, however there is an Amp for every purpose, and yours is much cheaper to build, and will suit many here :)

I wish you all the best for this amp and a merry christmas ;)

Yeah Carlos I also have my doubts over active protection which interacts with the amps performance, like a big airbrake.

I do like the idea of a relay protection driven by a low current sense wire like on the chipbased boards I showed recently.

I am toying with building them into the PCB as the cost of components is under $5 but they can save $100s of dollars in blown drivers, when something dies in the amp.

I have been asked to bring my amp to the party this new year, that killed the big Sansui last year...

Time to test those large heatsinks, they never go more than about 4C above ambient.

But those guys don't need volume control, they just plug in full volume... I'll put some spare speakers in the car's boot to take out when the amp kills their speakers.

I should actualy put in some plain DX boards for the party, but they will definatly kill their speakers and my hearing with that.

Hey Nordic!...be nice nephew and produce pictures..put you Canon to run

zip them all and send me.... say... this party...were the Dx will be pumping.

They will need power...hehe... not quality...put wire jumpers...links into the rail transistors..from colector to emitter...ahahaha. full power.... distortions too..full!

Better, in advance, to install one more pair into the output...they can use speakers that have valleys of impedance low as 3 ohms.

Your input already has 10uf...so... the Devil's hammer will hit them!

Good test.... produce images..they will have value of documents...no VAS protection will operate...we gonna see if will burn when clipping...let them clip all nigth long!

Yessss!

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.