Hitachi HA5300 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this is a long time dead post but I'm hoping someone can help.

This is my first post in this forum.

I'm a bit of an audio n00b to be honest but I have an aging HA-5300. For a long time now, it's been cracking and intermittently emitting sound from only one channel. However, if I give it a good whack on the right hand side, it starts working really well again - for 20 mins or so then I need to whack it again. This is not very scientific so I'm trying to find what the cause of the problem is and how to fix it.

Any help, suggestions or info would be very welcome indeed. Thanks in advance!

hi zen mod

whats so special about this amp ?????

i mean for the fun of it .....

once it come to my lab one grundig ( !!!!! ) amplifier featuring 2*BD249-250 per amplifier board ....

i thing it wasnt any more than 100W but i remember that sound of it was really warm

what i am trying to ask really is that does it make so much diference to use a bd 249-250 than a 2sc1943 for example ..... ok the second is for shure is a bigger transistor and can perform better ....

but really does it make that much of a diference????

i would realy like to have the schematic of this grundig thing to construct it just to listen again ....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
sorry - I don't have that amp anymore

frankly - that was a mistake when I purchased it ( along with deliberate misleading from seller side ) because I meant that mosfet amp is in question .

but - I must confess - I was surprised how good sounding amp is , in fact .

not just another vintage amp , but pretty decent one .... much better than 70% of today's mid class drek

Hi ppl! You guys are my last hope to restore my HA-5300 into life. It seems my phono1 and 2 inputs are both defect, as I cannot use them. All the rest are working properly. There are 2 resistors on the input panel (where also the function knobs are attached) R22 and R23, which seem to be burned lightly. I guess they have something to do with the phono inputs, and the transistors connected to them. My guess that one of the transistors died, and then the resistors burned. I would replace the blown components, only I don't have a schematic to see, what is connected to what, and what I should measure/replace. Is there any chance that some of you can email a schematic or a service manual to me? My mail is ea332(at)yahoo.com. If you would be so kind to mail that schematic for me I'd be forever in your debt! :) I really like that amp, and I'd like to use it for many years.

A.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.