NAD 3020 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a problem with my NAD 3020a , it seems that the woofer on the left channel moves bigger than the one on the right channel. but both sides seems to have the same volume.
I have tried, the problem comes from the pre-amp part, what could possibly cause this problem?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi, It can only be a capacitor that has gone low in value.Have you got a schematic ? IF you have no test equipment get a 47mfd 63volt capacitor (or anything thereabouts 10 mfd 100mfd it dosent matter) and bridge any coupling caps in the Pre-Amp one at a time (Keep volume low and connect right way round).If you have circuit can tell you which ones to check.Just a thought, nothing like an open circuit pot on the tone controls ?
Regards Karl

Hi vubkevin. For 6 electrolytic caps just replace them all and enjoy it for another 20 years. I recently did the same to a Rotel RX-980 bought cheap and it was worth the effort. Don't forget the PS caps, electrolytics have advanced spectacularly since that amp left the showroom. Worth the minimal cost.

Sorry, didn't see the pre section. Wide images can't be scrolled in reply mode. Change C513, C514, C515, C516, C517, C518, C523 and C524 if it affects all source components, the caps in the earlier post if just phono. But honestly, just replace them all for best performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.