Holco/PRP or Caddock MK-132 Resistors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Solid State Gurus,

I am upgrading my McCormack DNA-2 power amp by replacing the carbon resistors in the signal path with metal film resistors. I have the choice of Holco/PRP or Caddock MK-132. Which would be a better choice? My understanding is that the Caddock TF020 would be the best resistor to use but it is out of my budget. Thanks for all your help.

I have used Holco for years with good success. Some say that they are a little fragile so you might want to use the highest voltage available and perhaps a larger wattage than what you are replacing.

I have also had great success with Roederstein in power amps and pre-amps, I just like the sound of them. I believe Percy Audio still has some of these.

Roederstein Resistas are nice, just realised when i read this thread that i've been using the 4.5W Resista WK8 for 2 decades since last august.
Original Holco H4s are nicer.

Retrospective :
i had to pay $10/pc for 0.1% S102K's in 1988, the super accurate 102s did twice that much then.
Wholesale, so count your blessings nowadays with the abundance of easy-peasy order vendors and current rates for top exotic resistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.