Marantz 1072 Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Know this is reviving an ancient thread, but it seemed neater then starting a new one :)

I picked up a Marantz 1072 (I got the schematics above, thanks) it's got a weird problem though, basically there's no treble *on both channels*, if you wind the treble up to full and bass on full cut, it's there, but obviously the sound barely counts as lo fi.. There's no discernible distortion or any other problem I can detect. This is via Line / tape inputs but it almost sounds like RIAA!
It's not been modded in any way. I'd thought as it sounded the same on both channels it must be the one thing they had in common, the power supply, but I've checked it all out, changed the caps but no change whatsoever.

I've not recapped the rest of the amp yet in case I'm missing something stupidly obvious, especially as I don't know if it's worth spending any time on..
Any thoughts anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.