NAP-140 Clone Amp Kit on eBay

Ok,
After exchanging Q5,Q2 and Q1 I dont have smoke anymore.
I put the big Transistors 2SC5220 in. Put a Sine Signal in to the Input.
Connected an Old Speaker. I only get big Hum.
Disconnected the Speaker.
I measure at the Output of the Amp now about 10V DC!

Somebody can help me, please?
Sofar these kits are very disappointing, also they looked so cool in the beginning...

That is why I did not get these boards!. Too many problems. I read a lot about many problems that you have to deal with.There are other kits far better than this one.;)

Sorry...This should work now:
MobileMe Gallery

I think probably you have changed the transistor pins. This letters E and B next to Q5 refers to emitter and base? I think is wrong. Follow the E-C-B indications of this photo.

Attachments

• naim-board-transistor-orientation3.jpg
    naim-board-transistor-orientation3.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,014
My Earth from IEC Socket goes to the screw which keeps the Transformer to the enclosure. From there a lead goes to the ground input of the power components.
Also the green and yellow leads from my transformer go to this screw.
From the output of the power components the other ground goes to the amp board.
It looks pretty similar then on your Amp.

I just put in the other amp board. There I am also measuring about 10 Dc V at the Output to the ground :(

At the moment no Input or Output sockets are connected...

Last edited:
Not sure if I understand you right...
But if i take an Ohm meter i have connection from chassis ground to the ground of the amp board. The green and yellow leads from my transformer also do have connection to chassis ground.
As stated before in 434, I did neither connect an input or output socket.

My Earth from IEC Socket goes to the screw which keeps the Transformer to the enclosure. From there a lead goes to the ground input of the power components.
Also the green and yellow leads from my transformer go to this screw.
From the output of the power components the other ground goes to the amp board.
It looks pretty similar then on your Amp.

I just put in the other amp board. There I am also measuring about 10 Dc V at the Output to the ground :(

At the moment no Input or Output sockets are connected...

The point is that on these boards the input and output grounds are disconnected.
When you say "connected to the power components ground", I understand that you're talking about the output (speaker) ground.
Have you checked, as John65b suggests, the continuity between the input ground (where the input cable shield goes) and your "power components ground"? They must be connected.

I guess a picture is worth more then my english ;-)

These boards are different topology than mine. Why don't you attach the schematic so we can see the components numbers. It would help if you mark the DC voltages that you measure. Not only at the output but everywhere on the board.

Is the same problem on both channels?

I suspect that you may have a problem in the differential pair on the input. These are the transistors that maintain the 0V output (...assuming that your output transistors are OK)

Are you sure the resistors in the base of the differential pair are correct values? You should have 27k in the feedback path and something that gives you a sum of 27k on the input. I've seen combinations of (24k+2.7k) or (22k+4.7k).