search for NAD C160 Preamp service manual or schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello again alfababy,

sorry but it seems that You didn`t receive the C-160 service-manual I´ve sent You a few days ago. File size was 22Mb, maybe this was too big? Did You get at least the the other smaller file (3,7MB, modules schematic) I have sent You half an hour later?
Should I try to send You the files again?

Hello Christoph,

I did received the 3.7MB C160 module schematic. Thanks.
It seems that the 22MB is too big to be received by e-mail.

I've compared the C160 module schema against the C162 and it is identical. So i'm currently using the C162 schema for troubleshooting.

BTW, Is there any chance of a blown power transformer if I didn't get any AC voltages from the two 5-pin connectors CZ701 and CZ703?

Cheers.
David

BTW, Is there any chance of a blown power transformer if I didn't get any AC voltages from the two 5-pin connectors CZ701 and CZ703?
David,
though not impossible, IMO a blown power transformer is rather rare.

I`d check first if there is any line voltage present at the input of the transformer.

If this is the case there is still the chance that the connectors on the PCB board or the wiring or the connectors on them from the transformer to the PCB are flawed (broken wire, cold or broken solder joint on connectors). A bit of wiggling the transformer secondary wires and connectors might as well show You if and where an error is.

If there is no line voltage at the input of the transformer at all, work from there toward the line input connector while checking for line voltage. Either the power switch, a fuse, wire, a connector or the line input filter is at fault. There are not too many possibilities and it should be quite easy to locate this fault.

Hi there,
I woul be very thankfull if someone could help me with C160 schematic also.

I just got a problem with the remote controlled volume. It stops sometimes and I cannot figure out if theres a faulty stop command coming back from the servo/motor driver section. All other remote controlled functions works ok.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Br. Andy

Pre-amp remote giving me a hard time

I did some measurements, but cannot figure it out :confused:

I measured +/- appr. 4 volts going to the motor as I push and hold down the up/down vol key on the remote controller, but it just suddently cuts the feed to the motor. Letting go and pressing the up/down key on the remote controller once again, it starts turning the motor again. Sometimes it can do a complete turn, but most often it stops several times during a complete revolution.

I re-soldered as much as I could accoording to the signal path.

I have two remotes that usually workes with the C160, and still works fine on my other NAD amp. (checking the vol up/down).

I've enclosed some screen shots of parts of the schematics, in case someone has a little spare time :rolleyes:

Thank you fellow DIY.

Best regards,
Andy

Attachments

• NAD C160_motor_driver.jpg
    NAD C160_motor_driver.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 138
  • NAD C160_motor_driver_2.jpg
    NAD C160_motor_driver_2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 123
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.