RMI-FC100, a single stage audio power amplifier

PSU PCB layout

Attachments

• psueagle.jpg
    psueagle.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 7,912
sunrise,
Please read the first post in this thread. For me, at this very moment, this is the best amp I've ever made.
No sibilance, if is not present in the recording, no false bass. It will be very ease to distinguish between a well made recording and a compressed one.
My speakers is a pair of Monitor Audio GS20

Dear Roender, please do not get angry at me - i've read every post in this thread.... what i wanted to hear is some comparison because, on the net, there are a lot of nice amps that sound nice....and it is hard to tell which one is really special unless we make them all - and i am in no position to make them all...that is why i have asked You to please compare in hope that i have made something that you might compare your nice amp to....if You know what i have on my mind... this everything was not intended to offend You in any way - i admire Your work and this nice job - also nice job related Symasym mods ...there, on that thread You have told that you have made it and that this amp will sound better - so i was hoping that You might tell us if this little beauty is that better or how it is better - or maybe just a bit more of what is going on there....

and it looks really good, extremely good work, professional looking....really .... my compliments.... :)

sunrise said:
Dear Roender, please do not get angry at me - i've read every post in this thread.... what i wanted to hear is some comparison because, on the net, there are a lot of nice amps that sound nice....and it is hard to tell which one is really special unless we make them all - and i am in no position to make them all...that is why i have asked You to please compare in hope that i have made something that you might compare your nice amp to....if You know what i have on my mind... this everything was not intended to offend You in any way - i admire Your work and this nice job - also nice job related Symasym mods ...there, on that thread You have told that you have made it and that this amp will sound better - so i was hoping that You might tell us if this little beauty is that better or how it is better - or maybe just a bit more of what is going on there....

and it looks really good, extremely good work, professional looking....really .... my compliments.... :)

Please stop kissing me :D . I'm not angry with you.
I can not give you a straight answer of what to build because in this business all tings are very subjective.
For my ears, this amp sound so sweet. I hate sibilance, to bright trebles and false bass response.
With this amplifier, I can listen many hours without knowing how many has past

A very good sign Sunny.... he felt not tired listening for hours long

This seems high quality..... to compare with Symassym is not very good or easy, or even kind....but it seems eated the good Symassym, even his modified model.... the better sound he listened is something very descriptive dear Sunrise.

Man!.... to sound clearly better than Symassym is already a very good presentation of the unit's performance.

This is something to try.... that damn 2KS170 is driving me mad....if not because of this damned one i would still be listening, as 4 hours ago i was already producing boards sketch to construct....the FET made me stop... and normally this will make me forget... and probably give up...i have to construct when i am hot... days to find the fet will kill my interest.

If Roender did not installed that damn FET i would be still listening.... and the worst thing is that with the FET or without the FET will sound fine, because the idea..including the input idea that can be made with BGTs.

Everybody loves Sunrise, not only me.

Stop kissing Roender, he is busy kissing his own amplifier ..ahahahhaa!

Roender knows how to produce nice advertising, also a very good photographer, he will drive us crazy!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hummmm...goood!.jpg
    hummmm...goood!.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 6,403
o.k. - can i ask just one question and stop with questions related sound quality....
tell me please - how this amp can sound when compared to the big guys like for example M. Levinson (lets say 27.5 or 29 kind of the amplifiers)...i can see that you have started with similar approach they did (when working on symasym) and ended in your own design...
can you compare it with the big guys.....please....

i know that i am probably going on somebodies nerves but i would really like to know this.....
:cannotbe:

sunrise said:

only one more question - can you tell me something about soundstage....is it big and can this amplifier produce it "easily" so to say it??

sunrise said:

tell me please - how this amp can sound when compared to the big guys like for example M. Levinson (lets say 27.5 or 29 kind of the amplifiers)...i can see that you have started with similar approach they did (when working on symasym) and ended in your own design...
can you compare it with the big guys.....please....

i know that i am probably going on somebodies nerves but i would really like to know this.....
:cannotbe:

Well, my amplifier will not produce sound stage which is not in the recording program, that's for sure! :D
As per contest with big guys, I don't have any ML amp to compare with, because I can't afford one. But a good concertos is easy to participate and not expensive at all. This is my reference ...
My amp can reproduce with ease Mozart piano concertos (Muraray Parahia) or Vivaldi Four Seasons or any high demanding for dinamics classical music