RMI-FC100, a single stage audio power amplifier

PM sent. Thanks.

Mr. Roender's gerbers are here: post 42

I think, for successful build you must read a lot :)
There is other themes for this excellent amp FC-100.

Roender's FC-100 prototype and builder's thread

Roender'S FC-100 - Group Buy

LT3062 based PSU

RMI-FC100 MKII, single ended folded cascode VAS

GB For RMI-FC100 Parts

ZDR custom project seem also looking very good!

Kudos how will sound FC-100 on High Sensitivity loudspeakers with 15"woofer and front loaded horn.... :)
Anybody?

Mr. Roender's gerbers are here: post 42

I think, for successful build you must read a lot :)
There is other themes for this excellent amp FC-100.
ZDR custom project seem also looking very good!

Kudos how will sound FC-100 on High Sensitivity loudspeakers with 15"woofer and front loaded horn.... :)
Anybody?

Thanks for the links. Need to look for Excellon file viewer now.

RMI-FC-100

Hello everybody!
I have a question ref. the Idss clsifiction of 2SK170 fets.-
Of course they have to be in the same Idss GR, BL or V classification and matched.
Q. - can I use any classification for input stage of RMI-FC-100 without any changes?
Q. - I understand the BJT Hfe. Is the Idss the same?
Thank all of you!

Hello!
I would like to build this amplifier, bit I want to redesign the pcb so it will fit in my case. I want to use smd components where it is possible and I also want to use active components that are still in production. I think that the most problematic parts are the input fets, 2k170. Can you tellme, please what available parts can substitute 2sk170 in this design? 2sk209 wold be a goo choice?
Thank you!

Hello!
I would like to build this amplifier, bit I want to redesign the pcb so it will fit in my case. I want to use smd components where it is possible and I also want to use active components that are still in production. I think that the most problematic parts are the input fets, 2k170. Can you tellme, please what available parts can substitute 2sk170 in this design? 2sk209 wold be a goo choice?
Thank you!

SMD fets have been used as a replacement already, you just need to search this thread (not working for me at the moment)

Completely rebuilt mu original FC100, added LDR pre. Sounds even better now:) IMG_6229.JPG IMG_6230.JPG IMG_6231.JPG

ITCO:

since I do not know how to add a .pdf-file to the answer of a PM, I will add the drill-template of my FC-100 PCB into this post.

Please compare your version of my FC-100 PCBs with the image attached:
Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• FC-100_AMP_Drill_Template.pdf
    3.8 KB · Views: 146
  • FC-100_AMP__topview.jpg
    FC-100_AMP__topview.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 668
hello all

i just ordered a set of pcbs from Rudi, in my quest to find matched transistors..i came across this seller at ebay...'i know' ebay may not be the best place to source these things but check this place out. what do you think....https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-2SJ74-2SK170-LAB-MATCHED-PAIR-0-1mA-7-8ma-Idss-B-BL-Range-/253046095299