NAD C 320BEE Sound going out - seeking experience

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought my NAD C320BEE about 2 years ago and it has been great (even with abuse) until now.

Recently I have had a problem getting the unit to play. I power it up, and press a (there are several, each with there own status LED) source button. The power light and source light both turn green like normal, but only for about 2 seconds, when the power light changes to red and any sound that was playing switches off. There is an audible pop from the speakers when the amp accepts the source (which didn't happen when the unit worked properly) and when the source is rejected (and the power light turns red). Between pops, the 2 seconds or so when everything seems normal, music can be heard normally.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? I tried everything obvious to me short of opening it up... different speakers, different wall jack, different sources, tested speaker cables and they're fine. Since sound actually does come through during the two seconds the unit powers up it makes me suspect some kind of 'smart' shut-down circuit malfunction. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.