Onkyo ads and pics from the eighties

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am looking for a website, I think it's either German or japanese, it has a bunch of scans from Onkyo advertisements from like 1978 to 1990. The website has maybe four or five pages of thumbnail pics of ads(all in chronological order), and when you click on one it brings it up in full size. Alot of their receivers were on there. I can't find it anymore, does anyone know of this? Thanks

Well, mainly the ads for Onkyo receivers from 1982 to 1986, and I am trying to discover whether there any differences between the import and domestic models (from a North Amercian point of view). I seem to recall seeing something in an old Son Hifi magazine about a model that had a champagne faceplate.

Thank you in advance,
OW

Indeed, thank you! It is like an honour to speak to the keeper of the website! And yes, your english is much better than my german would be, even though my name is Wetzel...
Do you recall a model that was made around 1985 that had a champagne (pale gold) faceplate? I think it was like tx-65 or something like this.

Well, I am still looking through my magazines, I just can't find it! It was astereo receiver, from 1982 to 1984. Either black or -yes- gold faceplate. And that's the model I want! I do not know where in the world I can get one but I will pay a reasonable price to obtain it...
OR
a marantz RS-3559. Champagne faceplate. I am soooo bored of the black receivers, or even the new silver ones. it's like the silver is, well, plastic. The marantz champagne stuff from the eighties is nice, but not nearly as nice as the RS-3559 champagne. And the volume control! Now that's innovative, even though just about as useless as a led indicator. I was hooked on that receiver since the first time I saw it in 1993.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.