Quick & Easy request for help - Denon POA-2400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Missed my ol' Yammy full of Sankens, picked up a Denon for fun. Just noticed a slight temp difference between channels, thought it worth touching up.

Just wanted to know is someone has info on adjusting the bias (possibly ~K-amps?) Don't need the whole manual, just the bit about values, and what points to test. It's a bit of an odd layout on the boards (also multiple pots). There are a variety of test pins, so might be very easy if I knew they could be used.

It just uses a pair of A1492/C3856 per channel...

Lots of thanks ahead of time!

Unfortunately I don't have the service info for this model. What I can tell you is that the 2200 & 2400 units had adjustments for the bias and distortion factor. The DC offset you just measure at the speaker terminals with no signal. It should be within +/-100mv. There should be 2 pots along with a set of test points on each board (Left & Right); one pot is for the bias adj. and the other will be for the distortion factor. To check the bias, hook your DMM on the test points (I use aligator clips and slide the rubber boots over the pins to prevent any "accidents") and measure the DC. Your looking for 8mV +/-1mV. You need to have the amp warmed up for this test. If you let me know the pot numbers on each board (will be VRxxx) it might jog my memory on what pot adjust what and possibly take some pictures of the boards. Its either that or purchase the manual if noone else can help.

Left Channel...

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 198
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.