help reveiw this layout please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need some input. this isnt the first time i've asked for help in the same subject but i think all the other times were premature. Or not. Of course i've taken into account all the feedback from previous post so i guess not premature.
Anyways, included is schematic and layout. My main concerns would have to do with the ground plane. Notice how the ground is in a sense separate from audio ground but meets at one point through via labeled star gnd. I dont know if this is a bad idea or if it makes a difference. if it will induce more capacitance or not. i dont know, thats what i need the pro's for.;)
also my other concern has to do with the discrete buffer after the pot. thought it may be necessary for the line driver (drv-134 or that1646) to see a low impedance after the pot. right?
So any feedback, input would be greatly appreciated.
PS- the reason i have two inputs is simply to keep the possibility of line input i can add down the road with a simple switch and pad board.
sch.png
[/IMG]
prefinal.jpg
[/IMG]
if anyone has any better way for me to post these files to view please tell me. i know they are hard to read.

The layout seems quite chaotic and is likely to contain ground loops. Can't you just use the top layer as a continuous ground plane (and EMI shield) and arrange all the components to reduce track crossing to the minimum so that you can do most of the wiring on the bottom layer?

To begin with, I would put power supply connectors and input and output conectors together in order to get a proper star ground arrangement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.