is it necessary to match 2sj162&2sk1058

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everybody..i was looking for 2sj162and 2sk1058 transistors for a long time in my country..and at the end i found them..i measured the gate-drain voltage of them..it is 0.57v and the other one is 0.63 v ..now some people say it is not necessary to match these lateral mosfets..what do you think about them?should i match them?i want to make a class a amp..i need to make a good pcb for it..it is very difficult to make a class a amp..every component have to be matched..so what do you think everyone?should i match 2sj and 2sk?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
umut1001 said:
hi everybody..i was looking for 2sj162and 2sk1058 transistors for a long time in my country..and at the end i found them..i measured the gate-drain voltage of them..it is 0.57v and the other one is 0.63 v ..now some people say it is not necessary to match these lateral mosfets..what do you think about them?should i match them?i want to make a class a amp..i need to make a good pcb for it..it is very difficult to make a class a amp..every component have to be matched..so what do you think everyone?should i match 2sj and 2sk?

depends .......

show us schematic and than we can tell you for sure .......

in any case - if you match them,you'll have better symmetry ;
in case that you must use multiple pairs , matching is necessary

schematic

for example this circuit..

and i need a good class a pcb..i am working and i have not much time to draw it..would you send me a class a pcb ..will work at + -35 volts?

Attachments

• class a.jpg
    class a.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,363
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: schematic

umut1001 said:
for example this circuit..

and i need a good class a pcb..i am working and i have not much time to draw it..would you send me a class a pcb ..will work at + -35 volts?

ya nutz ?

:clown:

that's my circ - in fact my friend Oly made this little schematic .
you didn't follow exact thread where this is posted ; somewhere in start of Babelfish J thread

it's intended for IRF150 (or IRFP150 , whatever ) and his cousin IRF(P)9150 ; matching isn't so crucial there .
you can use 2SJ and 2SK with slight recalculation of drain resistors of Q1 and Q2 .

and - it isn't too wise to make it with more than 2x 25V

I have somewhere graphical files for that pcb ...... is that what you need ?

EDIT:

now I remember that Turks slaved Serbs for 600 yrs........ I will not help you with this .........

hehe, just joking,off course :clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: schematic

umut1001 said:
yes i need a schematic and pcb..my friend made a class a amplifier works at+-24 volts..it is working with irf540 and 9540..but the current was not stable enough..i will use 2sj162 and 2sk1058..if you send me schematics and pcb i will be happy;) thank you very much:)

well - for stability you need to place input jfets in tight position , same as on this pic:

Attachments

• oly's-little-one-2.jpg
    oly's-little-one-2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 712
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: thanks

umut1001 said:
thank you:) is it working well? which transistors are being used for Q3 andQ4..can i use 2sj162 for it by changing the bias?

sorry- I attached wrong picture in post No.7 ; there is right one ;
you can use 2SJ and 2Sk in output if you almost halve drain resistors for 2sj109 AND 2sk389

Attachments

• aleph ss sch.gif
    aleph ss sch.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 690
class a compatible transistors

hi again..we discussed with friends that irfp mosfets are not good for a diy class a amplifier..because it is not designed for working at full load everytime and makes crossover distortion..and in this circuit the cutoff voltage of 2sj and2sk is different then the irfp140 and 9140..irfp's have 4volts of Vgs(thresold voltage)and 2sj has about 0.6volts..

whatever i will try this circuit with irfp240 and 9240..i matched them and have 5twins..later i will use 2sj and 2sk

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: sorry

umut1001 said:
sorry i can not understand..i just need a class a amplifier that really works with 2sj..because it is expensive and i have only 2pairs..i dont want to burn them:)

just save those 2SJ/2SK for next amp,specifically constructed with that type of mosfets .
for this amp use whatever you have in nearest electronic parts shop - , but possibly IRFP150/IRFP9150 ;

they are also cheaper ..........

regarding xover distortion in amps, in A class you don't have xover distortion ......... at least not until insane output levels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.