Kenwood KAC7203 blowing fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Kenwood KAC7203 that worked for a week and is wired with 4 gauge and one 100 amp fuse, designated chassis ground and even with the speaker outputs detached, blows the protective 40 amp fuse on the amplifier. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm assuming it's an internal problem. If anyone knows of a common fix for this issue, please let me know.

There are 3 possibilities:
1. Short rectifier 2. Short filtering capacitor 3. Short output transistors. Mostly is the transistor.
How to isolate the problem: 1. Desolder the wire from filtering capacitor to the power amp, both positive B+ and negative B-, then turn on the power , if you don't blow your fuse, this would possibily mean the problem is the transistors. 2. Check any short circuit with a ohmmeter in X 1 ohm scale for each power transistor among E-B-C, replace the bad one and try again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.