i'd like info on a recently acquired amp please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JensRasmussen had a group buy so you might try him first to see if there were any spare boards left.

Secondly, you might Google "Leach amplifier" and pull up a 1/2 dozen or so hits. You might try posting on the board and see if someone has a spare set of boards their not using.

The leach is one of the easiest boards to put your hands on and certainly a board that will deliver results that you can be proud of.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
You would need 2 Leach amp boards for stereo. It would be a tight fit in that chassis, but not impossible. Jens' boards are designed for a VERY different chassis/heatsink layout and would probably not work without significant chassis modifications. The originals from Dr. Leach would be a better choice here. But you'd need 2x the heatsinks you have now. It would probably work perfectly for a mono amp in that chassis. But I suspect the power supply isn't big enough.

My guess is the transformer is offering closer to 30VAC for 42VDC rails, If that's the case, there isn't really enough electrical power for a Leach amp.

Find out the secondary (output) voltage of that transformer (be very careful!), and look for projects that suit that voltage.

But spend a few weeks reading this forum and Leach's website first!

..Todd

Hmm... I'm not sure about using a Leach in this enclosure. Those capacitors are certainly suitable, but I doubt the transformer is... and there's not enough heatsinking really.

We really need to know what voltage the transformer puts out to recommend further.. but I would certainly suggest replacing the heatsinks on the back with an extruded profile type, such as this

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.