AC coupling on an Adcom 545 ii ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently picked up an Adcom GFA 545ii. I will be using this to drive a bi-amped horn system. The amp will come after the electronic crossover and I am concerned about protecting the HF horn driver from any electrical glitch that might be DC.

The manual states the power bandwidth is from 1.7 Hz to 100kHz. Can I assume this indicates a capacitor on the output and that the amp is AC coupled?

My back up plan would be to to install a cap in series between the amp and the horn driver (about an octave below the Xover corner).

Thoughts ....
-Tom

Also try to use an exceedingly low impedence cap (high current bypass will do-on the main capacitor), which will have serious capacity for current swing. This will notably lessen the chance of the compression driver's 'popping' if you really push it hard. What you are doing is maintaining an Iron Fist Of Control, when you appraoch the limits of either the amp or the driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.