where can i locate this part? amp related

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
afternoon all, im trying to sell my car audio amp, however, i need to locate a replacement rca cap before i do. unfortunately, i am having a very difficult time of it. below is a pic of what i am missing:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i have found something similar on partsexpress:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

unfortunately the piece i am missing just slips on, whereas theirs is a complete replacement. any ideas?

not so easy

I don't think the part slips on, the part broke off. You need to open up the amp and take another pic of the inside.

I bet its a 1 piece pcb mount connector where the outside conductor fell off, you have to replace the entire thing on the PCB.

I go with lgreen--it'll be a monolithic assembly that solders directly to the PCB. In addition to Digikey, you might try Mouser. In cases where they stock the same thing as Digikey, Mouser is usually a little cheaper. Be aware, however, that both add a surcharge if your order is below $25 or so. Take a moment and try to think about other things that you might need so as to bump the total over that limit.

Grey

Re: Re: not so easy

Illusus said:

Definitely, Digikey will have it for a couple dollars. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll post the part# or a link, or something, after I run some errands. Easy fix.

wow, this fourm is great, really apperciate the help. ive never opened up an amp before, yet alone solder anything. perhaps now is a good time to learn? if you could post up the part # i would be greatful

Digikey part

It's close but I don't think it's right, although these things do follow a standard. For one the jacks are oriented 90deg off. These might be a better match and a lot cheaper at $.40 each. These are from Steve at Apex Jr.. The pin spacing may be out but you should be able to jury rig them with a bit of bending. If you post a pic of your amp's guts I may be able to track down something closer. Once you have it apart measure the spacing between the pins and cross-reference with the datasheet. This should get you started, at least.

Re: Re: Re: not so easy

nep said:

wow, this fourm is great, really apperciate the help. ive never opened up an amp before, yet alone solder anything. perhaps now is a good time to learn? if you could post up the part # i would be greatful

Don't be afraid. Open it up and post a detailed pic of the inside piece, and look at digikey.com or mouser.com to find a replacement that fits, or we can help with that. You will probably see that its a unitary piece (as shown by the Illusus link) for all 4 RCA connectors. You will need to unsolder the old one and solder in the new one, replacing all four.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.