mosfet output conversion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can somebody help me converting a match pair mosfet output to a quasi design output or two npn output like 2sk1058 and 2sj201 my reason is i have lots of npn mosfet and i like to use it

Attachments

• amplisimple.gif
    amplisimple.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 538
Hi,
find a schematic that gives what you need.
The design shown is using the VAS to drive the FETs directly. I do not like this arrangement since it forces the adoption of big medium power transistors for Q3 to Q7 inclusive. Then these load up the LTP, also not good.
Get a better schematic.

Have a look at Quasi's designs. There are three or more threads covering all the detail of the design and build with a wealth of buider input and a superb web site put up by Quasi.

You did search "quasi", you cannot post without saying "yes".

Re: Re: quasi comp

ilimzn said:

Shouldn't that have at least some sort of thermal sompensation?

I've read power MOSFETs had negative thermal resistance... so, when, temperature clims up, its conductance goes down, or something like that, but I think that happens with audio output mosfets, the lateral ones, no t teh vertical, made for switching purpose, although you can use it on audio! They're cheaper too!

Thanks to Flavio Dellepiane, visit his site, please.

www.redcircuits.com

Re: Re: Re: quasi comp

slideman82 said:
I've read power MOSFETs had negative thermal resistance...
yes, go look at the graphs in the datasheets.
Compare Lateral to Vertical FETs and note that lateral change from positive to negative at around 100mA and that vertical change from positive to negative at enormous Amperes Id. They blow up before you can reach the negative coefficient.

Verticals need compensation. Laterals do not need it, but parallel sets do benefit from some feedback by fitting source resistors to each.

Ilimzn was referring to the uncompensated drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.