av800 pcb need help!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
please see the pic

Attachments

• dsc00676  1.jpg
    dsc00676 1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 601
If you want to design your own, there are pictures of Anthony's PCB on his website. That should give you some idea on how to design it.

It's tricky - that output stage is huge - 7 pairs of MOSFETS which must all have gate resistors, drain resistors, and local decoupling capacitors.

That is a LOT of current from the output stage, so the tracks for source and drain need to be wide, and thick.

I'd suggest not having the output stage on a PCB, instead hardwire it.. similar to this picture

Hi jaycee

The way I would handle the large current problem is that I use 3oz cu pcb for the output stage and that I would even add stripped single-stranded power copper wires to strength them when there is doubt.

I am aware of that problem but I would like everything (or as much as possible) on a pcb rather than hardwiring them. Just to make mistake as least as possible. That's what I have done with my Leach Superamp. I had device myself a output board with all the power transistor on them and a few wires connecting to the main board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.